Investment Close

LB_DCFC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

Great detective work @td_evans ?

It's from 2005 but this is quite an interesting article, it has some quotes from him.

https://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/25/business/worldbusiness/wealth-management-an-investment-with-a-sporting.html

Taking a small line from this article:

'The third type includes management companies, like Duet, that look to improve returns from the whole mix of assets - real estate such as stadiums, commercial rights, brand merchandising, and team and management enhancement.' 

This pretty much sums up why a hedge fund company would be interested in Derby. Commercially we're a sleeping giant, with the right direction and funding we could really attract the highest calibre of commercial deals. 

On 29/11/2019 at 11:53, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I am sure he said it after the American thing, because I remember being rather deflated after hearing a potential take over deal had fallen through.

Steve Nicholson (I know I know), said he thinks the investment will be in place by the end of the year.  With Steve, if he knows something, he will never give you the details, but will always say 'wide of the mark' if something isn't true.  Someone asked him in one of his Q&A's about potential Chinese investment, he certainly didn't say his usual line "that isn't the case, from what I understand".

I am in no way ITK on this subject and this is just opinion, but it wouldn't suprise me if the ink was dry on a deal and nothing will be announced until the EFA and Keogh things blow over.

Any potential investor would want to be as closely associated with Wayne Rooney as possible, it would be great to announce a new backer just in time for the proper arrival of Wayne Rooney, the start of a new era.

From a very good source I was told that a new investment package had been finalised at the time of “boozegate” and that it would be announced in January. I suspect to coincide with WR on the pitch. My source did not tell me anything further but all the non-verbals were that this would be a very good deal for Derby County. I was struck by the genuine sense in which I was told so I’m very confident of it happening. 

I’ve always hoped that hedge funds, in whatever shape or form, would never involve themselves in Derby County.

I have a good friend who works for a hedge fund in the city and even he admits they don’t give a fig about anything but the ? 

They’re asset strippers mostly, this could end in tears if true ?

11 minutes ago, Squid said:

The first £8m of his investment can be used (for signings etc) when sticking to FFP.

I suspect it might just bring losses back within ffp threshold.  And then he'll invest another 8mn the following year....

And within 5 or 6 years we'll have a new owner as his stake will have reached 100%!

Why are people worrying? Mel knows what he’s doing. He’s no mug.

Also, John Percy mentioned in his article, that a consortium was investing in Derby. So there will be more people involved. Im guessing Henry Gabay is just fronting the deal. 

Exciting times I think, get your passports ready. Europe soon.

Only time will tell whether this is going to be good or bad for DCFC.  No point fretting about it or a prophet of doom (obviously a prophet ‘hoping to be proven wrong’).  While it might turn out that the path to hell has been paved with good intentions, there should be no assumption at this stage that anybody is doing anything that isn’t in the best interests of the club.  “Don’t worry, be happy now (... at least until there’s something to worry about...)”

26 minutes ago, Birdyabroad said:

I’ve always hoped that hedge funds, in whatever shape or form, would never involve themselves in Derby County.

I have a good friend who works for a hedge fund in the city and even he admits they don’t give a fig about anything but the ? 

They’re asset strippers mostly, this could end in tears if true ?

And that explains why Morris bought the stadium already., the biggest asset is safe now. Actually, there not many asset left... Kelle Roos for highest bidder? 

Of course they are after money, all hedge funds are. But now the club has to generate it first which would basically mean the promotion. Before that, their situation will be you'll lose some, before you'll win some. For the fans it's most likely vice versa.

Always a tough one this DCFC rollercoaster ride as you don't know are you going downhill or uphill. And you don't even know which one is the direction you should enjoy.

47 minutes ago, Jonesy90 said:

This is absolutely why Mel has taken separate ownership of the stadium. It is his bargaining tool to ensure the club cannot be asset stripped.

He will surely pass this over to a trust fund for the fans in years to come.

Unfortunately not, as Mr. Gabby has already taken a charge on the stadium. 

59 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

From a very good source I was told that a new investment package had been finalised at the time of “boozegate” and that it would be announced in January. I suspect to coincide with WR on the pitch. My source did not tell me anything further but all the non-verbals were that this would be a very good deal for Derby County. I was struck by the genuine sense in which I was told so I’m very confident of it happening. 

Ah, so boozegate was the deal clincher ?

56 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Hedge fund eh?

so the big idea is to turn the ground into a Garden Centre?

A lot of miserable old people making a regular routine weekend visit to stare at some overpriced tat.  Who would be a West Stand Season Ticketholder?

Archived