Investment Close

LB_DCFC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, hintonsboots said:

I think we need to relax and enjoy the developments. Mel is an astute businessman, he didn’t get where he is today without using his noggin.

5C78D6FB-6BD6-42EE-BDE1-A7078B1304AA.jpeg

Successful in non football related business yes, successful with Derby to date ?

For the new money to be used for football purposes, it needs to be investment NOT loans.

FFP allows certain losses only if covered by non returnable money from owners.

Not sure what that does to the idea that the new finance is in the form of a loan - suggests its for stadium development only, perhaps?

15 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

Taking a small line from this article:

'The third type includes management companies, like Duet, that look to improve returns from the whole mix of assets - real estate such as stadiums, commercial rights, brand merchandising, and team and management enhancement.' 

This pretty much sums up why a hedge fund company would be interested in Derby. Commercially we're a sleeping giant, with the right direction and funding we could really attract the highest calibre of commercial deals. 

We already set records for non parachute payment club revenue in the Championship. As long as we are stuck in the Championship its not going to drastically increase regardless of who the owner is. If we go up to the Prem even i could attract fantastic commercial deals.

If they can help with stuff like utilising the stadium more frequently though that would be great. Im hoping new board members on the board, etc will also have more impact on how the backroom staff operate such as scouting, etc.

7 minutes ago, Yani P said:

And more importantly stay there when we get there.. 

I could live with a yo-yo approach; promotion followed by tough relegation followed by a couple of years of relative success and fun, followed by pain etc  might be betters than seasons of just hanging in there.  If it is done well then each promotion has a bigger chance of staying there

I want to be like Leicester - their club is the envy of a lot of clubs right now. 

In fact, I even watch them wanting them to win right now. Remakable the way they've rose to fame in the last 5 years and the way they dealt with and had to deal with what happened to their chairman as a club was unbelieveable. 

No rivalry from here, just admiration. 

23 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

I want to be like Leicester - their club is the envy of a lot of clubs right now. 

In fact, I even watch them wanting them to win right now. Remakable the way they've rose to fame in the last 5 years and the way they dealt with and had to deal with what happened to their chairman as a club was unbelieveable. 

No rivalry from here, just admiration. 

You will soon be singing a different tune Brendan when you jump ship to Arsenal. 

A bit wary on this one, it doesn't look like he/his fund have any experience in sports, from what I can tell from a quick look it seems a mix of Fintech, software, natural resources in Africa and Australia and Property. 

We've had a sports management team in the guise of GSE, they had some experience in this area, but their ownership went down like a lead balloon with fans in the end.

There's no doubt Duet/Gabay have huge sums of money behind them, but if people think a hedge fund is just going to come in and suck up losses every year then they are very mistaken. There are two plusses from what I can see here, Mel will still be here and has some leverage with the stadium, also they do seem to be one of the funds that takes a longer term view to their acquisitions. 

It also look's like the NFA weren't best pleased with Duet asset management a couple of years ago, fined a million dollars!

11 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

A bit wary on this one, it doesn't look like he/his fund have any experience in sports, from what I can tell from a quick look it seems a mix of Fintech, software, natural resources in Africa and Australia and Property. 

We've had a sports management team in the guise of GSE, they had some experience in this area, but their ownership went down like a lead balloon with fans in the end.

There's no doubt Duet/Gabay have huge sums of money behind them, but if people think a hedge fund is just going to come in and suck up losses every year then they are very mistaken. There are two plusses from what I can see here, Mel will still be here and has some leverage with the stadium, also they do seem to be one of the funds that takes a longer term view to their acquisitions. 

It also look's like the NFA weren't best pleased with Duet asset management a couple of years ago, fined a million dollars!

Maybe we have big plans for the stadium which would be beneficial to them?

Retractable roof, the ability to put on concerts for 20 plus weeks of the year and additional commercial revenue might whet their appetite.

Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Maybe we have big plans for the stadium which would be beneficial to them?

Retractable roof, the ability to put on concerts for 20 plus weeks of the year and additional commercial revenue might whet their appetite.

Oh without a doubt.....put it this way, they aren't here solely for the team.

They must see plenty of commercial development opportunities around the club, mostly as you say in the property portfolio which is one of their areas of expertise. 

Archived