Investment Close

LB_DCFC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Read a couple of pages back. You'll see that someone here has discovered a new charge was added to the stadium just last month by Mr. Gaaby.

If you don't know what a charge is, heres what Google says... 

Screenshot_20191205-055639.png

It does concern me that someone allegedly so rich would need to take a mortgage out on the stadium, it doesnt strike me as leaving our club secure.

On that note I look forward to Mel telling us why this deal is the right one for the club.

21 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It does concern me that someone allegedly so rich would need to take a mortgage out on the stadium, it doesnt strike me as leaving our club secure.

On that note I look forward to Mel telling us why this deal is the right one for the club.

Likely a security charge to protect his investment.  Not a mortgage in the sense of a house purchase where the bank takes out a charge.  From what I have read on here so far I am not at all worried by this info

17 minutes ago, Gritty said:

Doesn't this mean he's lent Mel money which is secured on the stadium?

No, not necessarily - It could mean many different things, the only thing you can absolutely glean is that Rams Investment LTD has a charge on the freehold DY342736 owned by Gellaw 202. Until we hear more, there's nothing to concern yourself with!

33 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Likely a security charge to protect his investment.  Not a mortgage in the sense of a house purchase where the bank takes out a charge.  From what I have read on here so far I am not at all worried by this info

That would make more sense.

It certainly sounds like a good deal (without knowing all the details).

39 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Yep. He'll be making an investment of X% in the club, but without the stadium there is little else of monetary value to actually be investing in other than an expectation/hope of future income, so his investment will be secured in part by a charge on Mel's £80m stadium.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It would be normal to put a charge on assets if you are going to loan or fund a significant amount of money. It would be interesting To see which of those it is loan or funding. It would also be interesting to see if the money has already been used or if it’s money earmarked for the future.

If the club sold the ground to Mel then what has any of this got to with the club?

Isn’t this just about the investment in the stadium to use it to generate income for MM and partners?

41 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Yep. He'll be making an investment of X% in the club, but without the stadium there is little else of monetary value to actually be investing in other than an expectation/hope of future income, so his investment will be secured in part by a charge on Mel's £80m stadium.

there may be an argument in this to further justify the separation of the ground from the club.  there is a commercial reason rather than a loop hole arrangement.

What you have to remember, (and sorry if someone has already said this), is this bloke is only "investing" in DCFC to make money. He's certainly not doing it out of the goodness of his heart.

He's loaning the dosh, which means he's receiving interest on that loan (secured against the stadium). He's not given us anything.

We could be DCFC Anderlecht next season.

7 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

What you have to remember, (and sorry if someone has already said this), is this bloke is only "investing" in DCFC to make money. He's certainly not doing it out of the goodness of his heart.

He's loaning the dosh, which means he's receiving interest on that loan (secured against the stadium). He's not given us anything.

We could be DCFC Anderlecht next season.

Agreed, but every large successful business (and I mean multi million pound companies) uses outside invesment to help grow the company. So even if it is only investment, if used correctly it can only help us.

I wouldn't put money into a championship club if there wasn't things happening behind the scenes and with the knowledge that x amount of millions will get us promoted.

If we get promoted within the next 2-3 seasons he will have made good money on his initial investment.

Nothing wrong with that imo.

We as fans only want to see Derby in the prem, how we get there and on whos money doesn't really effect us.

imo.

Archived