Investment Close

LB_DCFC

2 hours ago, Spanish said:

I could live with a yo-yo approach; promotion followed by tough relegation followed by a couple of years of relative success and fun, followed by pain etc  might be betters than seasons of just hanging in there.  If it is done well then each promotion has a bigger chance of staying there

I bet most of us would like to be in WBA's shoes right now!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, CHCDerby said:

I want to be like Leicester - their club is the envy of a lot of clubs right now. 

In fact, I even watch them wanting them to win right now. Remakable the way they've rose to fame in the last 5 years and the way they dealt with and had to deal with what happened to their chairman as a club was unbelieveable. 

No rivalry from here, just admiration. 

Nope. Never forget them going down the pan and rising from the ashes leaving businesses unpaid. I hate them. 

10 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

Nope. Never forget them going down the pan and rising from the ashes leaving businesses unpaid. I hate them. 

Appreciate what your saying but very little to do with the present players management or owner. As I understand it the club presently play an intrigue part in the community. hate saying it but haven't Leicester basically achieved everything we had been expecting and hoping for during the last 5 years.

3 hours ago, CHCDerby said:

I want to be like Leicester - their club is the envy of a lot of clubs right now. 

In fact, I even watch them wanting them to win right now. Remakable the way they've rose to fame in the last 5 years and the way they dealt with and had to deal with what happened to their chairman as a club was unbelieveable. 

No rivalry from here, just admiration. 

Apart from the fact that they only got there by shafting local businesses when they went bust. Should have been relegated to Div 2 for what they did avoiding paying debts. No admiration here despise how they got away with it. Cheats nothing less. 

1 hour ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Apart from the fact that they only got there by shafting local businesses when they went bust. Should have been relegated to Div 2 for what they did avoiding paying debts. No admiration here despise how they got away with it. Cheats nothing less. 

Bit strong but I do seem to remember that FFP was introduced following their financial screw ups - so thanks Leicester ?

2 hours ago, Ramarena said:

Oh without a doubt.....put it this way, they aren't here solely for the team.

They must see plenty of commercial development opportunities around the club, mostly as you say in the property portfolio which is one of their areas of expertise. 

This is what I view the investment mostly being about, facilities. Pride Park is in a fantastic location to be extremely successful at hosting non football events. This could also include the councourse extension on the East Stand, bars and restaurants in front of the main stand and potentially investment into the Derby triangle. Potentially something like a conference/expo facility. 

2 hours ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Suspect he meant what they've done in terms of football not the business side of things. Doubt anyone on here would admire that tbh. Not sure current owners were involved in all that malarkey anyway, were they?

1 hour ago, SamUltraRam said:

Bit strong but I do seem to remember that FFP was introduced following their financial screw ups - so thanks Leicester ?

They then proceeded to breach FFP to get promoted and were fined by the EFL for doing so.

8 hours ago, TommyPowel said:

Theres the training ground,academy,signing Cocu,signing Rooney.IMO the clubis better run since the Rush era finished

No arguments he has improved them, but none as yet could be considered as successful imo. 

Archived