Investment Close

LB_DCFC

Just hope this doesn’t turn out badly or that we’ve made the wrong choice of investor. 

probably an unpopular opinion but I don’t rate Mels decision making at the best of times. 

hope he’s got this one right, hope to god it’s not Gillette’s son

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Just hope this doesn’t turn out badly or that we’ve made the wrong choice of investor. 

probably an unpopular opinion but I don’t rate Mels decision making at the best of times. 

hope he’s got this one right, hope to god it’s not Gillette’s son

Why not Gillette's son nobody wanted Maxwell's son but he turned out ok and oversaw a promotion before his dad started too take a hand.

15 minutes ago, The Orange Pimpernel said:

So, how can money be introduced without flouting FFP? I assume only through massive sponsorship? The ground cant be sponsored to benefit the club so has anyone got an idea...………or am I being thick?

Maybe we have the ability to manoeuvre within FFP limits as the result of selling our ground ?

31 minutes ago, The Orange Pimpernel said:

So, how can money be introduced without flouting FFP? I assume only through massive sponsorship? The ground cant be sponsored to benefit the club so has anyone got an idea...………or am I being thick?

I suspect the terms of the rental agreement for the ground mean that we can rename it via sponsorship if we want to - can't see Mel cutting off such a potentially lucrative source of income if there's a way round it....

36 minutes ago, The Orange Pimpernel said:

Perhaps Mel could sell the ground back to us just before we get the massive sponsorship ?

Investment in fixed assets is outside FFP/P&S.

1 minute ago, Gaspode said:

I suspect the terms of the rental agreement for the ground mean that we can rename it via sponsorship if we want to - can't see Mel cutting off such a potentially lucrative source of income if there's a way round it....

The only problem with I-pro was they didn't pay what they were supposed to.

I only hope when wd do have to change the name again its at least not something cringing awful.

9 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Well with our recent trend of involving internationally renowned English folk, perhaps Mel has netted investment from the Queen? ? 

9 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

Hopefully we start picking up some Windsor we're going to be relegated...

9 hours ago, King Kevin said:

Knowing our luck we'd get Prince Andrew as club ambassador.

We all seem to have missed a massive clue last night... Playing away at The Palace!  

Archived