Investment Close

LB_DCFC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Squid said:

Interesting, key word there investment. Pretty sure Gillette and co. wanted to take over the club? Hopefully that rules them out...

Chris Coles said similar on the podcast a couple of days ago. Investment not takeover.

FWIW, he also said that the Sun/Nixon's £50m takeover story was nonsense.  No surprise there then.

Good news this, mels obviously been looking for this for a while and I’m sure it’s taken longer than he would’ve hoped (I’m sure he would’ve appreciated some help in the summer window!) Be good to have something sorted for the rest of the season and know where we stand, the completion of this may finally help us get our embarrassing recruitment team sorted as well! Let’s just hope that whoever they are have a load of money, some idea of how to spend it and stay within ffp, and are respectable. Difficult to find combo!

6 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Good news this, mels obviously been looking for this for a while and I’m sure it’s taken longer than he would’ve hoped (I’m sure he would’ve appreciated some help in the summer window!) Be good to have something sorted for the rest of the season and know where we stand, the completion of this may finally help us get our embarrassing recruitment team sorted as well! Let’s just hope that whoever they are have a load of money, some idea of how to spend it and stay within ffp, and are respectable. Difficult to find combo!

Just because there are new investors doesn't mean they choose which players to buy. It will be channelled through the same recruitment team as now unless they have a majority stake and then change.

As I've said above, we spend up to the limit (at least...) of ffp every year.  So new investors won't help us spend any more than we have been

Our problem isn't lack of investment.  It's been very, very poor (albeit well intentioned) investment

1 hour ago, Gritty said:

Just because there are new investors doesn't mean they choose which players to buy. It will be channelled through the same recruitment team as now unless they have a majority stake and then change.

As I've said above, we spend up to the limit (at least...) of ffp every year.  So new investors won't help us spend any more than we have been

Our problem isn't lack of investment.  It's been very, very poor (albeit well intentioned) investment

Compared to many we’ve spent more than enough money 

It’s been crap recruitment and lazy scouting 

1 hour ago, Gritty said:

New investors potentially brings in new (and more lucrative) sponsors

1 hour ago, Gritty said:

There are always ways around ffp as we’ve seen... new investors may have streams of revenue that allow some more circumventing of it. 

51 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Let’s spend the millions on big names. Worked well 4 years ago didn’t it?

Who’d be a Football Club owner?

Problem wasn’t the money, it was the turnover of managers that came in with different philosophy’s. Doesn’t matter what type of owner you are, but if you continue to change direction every year and dont get the foundations right, chances are, you are going to fail.

8 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Problem wasn’t the money, it was the turnover of managers that came in with different philosophy’s. Doesn’t matter what type of owner you are, but if you continue to change direction every year and dont get the foundations right, chances are, you are going to fail.

Problem was signing loads of players that from the outside looked quality signings but no consideration was made as to where they’d fit in our system. 

14 hours ago, Gritty said:

I don't see how any of this helps.  Ffp limits investment that can be made

Depends on how it's used, say they buy a share in the stadium, that's classed as income so can be spent. It may be a massive sponsership deal, who knows.

Archived