Investment Close

LB_DCFC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

If there is a Hedge Fund investing in Derby we are surely going to lose a lot of fans.  I can think of about 10 on the Politics Thread who as a matter of principle will be looking for another team to support.

Those with money in the world didn't get it by being nice and usually don't intend to try to keep it by being nice. It has ever been thus.

Derby fans are like most fans, it the team on the pitch is good, the money will be of little concern, if the team is bad, fans will be raging about the ownership. For example, GSE, thought they'd got a bargain, just needed to ride out a rough season going down and then pop back up but when things didn't work out, managed austerity football and stability which, eventually, brought us a decently sound club and competitive team in the face of a lot of fan disappointment and at times anger.

21 minutes ago, Whoneedshuls said:

Daft thing is no major overhaul in players needed just need 3/4 quality players in to get us challenging..

This kind of money is the difference between signing a player like Dowell or Paterson and signing a player like Ramslear. If the funds were there I'm certain we would have never seen Dowell or Paterson in a Derby shirt. 

2 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

This kind of money is the difference between signing a player like Dowell or Paterson and signing a player like Ramslear. If the funds were there I'm certain we would have never seen Dowell or Paterson in a Derby shirt. 

The same Ramselaar who has 0 goals and 1 assist in 9 games this season?

8 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

The same Ramselaar who has 0 goals and 1 assist in 9 games this season?

Not to mention I can't find anything that suggests to his personal wealth. 

It's a big difference managing a fund valued at £1.3b to being worth that personally.

1 minute ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Not to mention I can't find anything that suggests to his personal wealth. 

It's a big difference managing a fund valued at £1.3b to being worth that personally.

To be fair, I imagine it's quite substantial if he's investing in the club personally.

1 hour ago, reverendo de duivel said:

I appreciate the above makes no sense, but he'd be incredibly lucky to pull a Turkish delight from his arse with no knowledge!

Especially considering the size of it!

I'm big for my boots and my pants.

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Absolutely no chance that this is any vindication of his trolling.

Well either I trolled on a andom but specific nationality of the investor and got incredibly lucky with an amazing coincidence 

Or

I pulled off the greatest ITK in the history of this forum.

I will let you be the judge of that. I shall say no more on the matter.

10 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Is he though, or is his hedge fund investing? 

I guess we'll find out in due course.

Quite - I don't see anything on his 'CV' to suggest that he's personally wealthy enough to make a difference but that said I don't see a hedge fund being investing in a second tier football club, well see!!

Archived