Lawrence and Bennett Convicted of drink driving

alexxxxx
Message added by Day

May I remind members of the forum terms of use and prohibited content - Personal insults/profanity towards other members, players, staff, media or anyone connected to Derby County Football Club.

Also please do not use this forum to create or further spread unverified rumours from social media on the incident.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Your deviating from the original point, the post was that anyone who thinks TL brings anything to the team knows nothing about football. You then mention that managers only pick him based upon his “potential” and that’s because they are only here for a season. I brought wales into the equation, because that’s another manager who rates him enough to play him on a regular basis.

If I was him, id quite happily take the sack, move on and get away from the constant abuse he has taken throughout his time at Derby, criticism fair enough, but for some reason he gets more than his fair share for reasons unknown to me.

Because he a 1 good game in gods no’s how many games,everybody can see that,it’s not just made up to pick on him is it.

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

Not directly, but every club and every company has a culture, and that usually comes from the top. I'm not suggesting Mel was out there buying everyone Jaegarbombs, but C-levels and management have to be held accountable for the atmosphere of the their workplace.

What culture though? Some players went out the night before their day off after a meal. Hardly the Arsenal Tuesday Club is it? 

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Mason Bennett at the wheel,

Keogh how does your knee feel?

Lawrence wrapped around a lamppost,

Whatever happened to Efe Ambrose?

Tommy Lawrence went to Joiners in his Range Rover

He and Mason had a crash, now Keogh's season's over

50 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Your deviating from the original point, the post was that anyone who thinks TL brings anything to the team knows nothing about football. You then mention that managers only pick him based upon his “potential” and that’s because they are only here for a season. I brought wales into the equation, because that’s another manager who rates him enough to play him on a regular basis.

If I was him, id quite happily take the sack, move on and get away from the constant abuse he has taken throughout his time at Derby, criticism fair enough, but for some reason he gets more than his fair share for reasons unknown to me.

Well he'll have to move to somewhere with a good bus service 

I have never seen Keogh as a captain and it is no good just saying he isn't intelligent. He is the captain, during the season he has to lead by example, what if his antics had dragged a younger player into this such as Knight? A player looking to fit in?

I have always seen Derby as a community club, one for families. Keogh is the representative of that, at a club social event he still has to hold the example, particularly if out in public. 

If they held the club or fans in any regard, they would have not found themselves in this mess.

Mel, Cocu, their team mates must be absolutely furious. We can cope without Lawrence and Bennett but Keogh is a huge loss as a player. All should know better, these are supposedly professional athletes, there is nothing professional about this. No excuses and I can't believe anyone could try to slightly justify it based on age or intelligence. But there is no point us arguing about it.

The best thing to do is just get behind Cocu, support the players who get picked because the manager and those sensible players need all the support we can give.

The language the club is using doesn't fill me with confidence that any real disciplinary action will be taken. 'Skipper' Keogh is 'sidelined' apparently. That implies injury on the field. He was injured because he got in a car with a drunk driver.

And screw talk of rehabilitation. There's no reason any of them should pull on the shirt again, but I'll bet they get a stern lecture and nothing more.

6 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

The language the club is using doesn't fill me with confidence that any real disciplinary action will be taken. 'Skipper' Keogh is 'sidelined' apparently. That implies injury on the field. He was injured because he got in a car with a drunk driver.

And screw talk of rehabilitation. There's no reason any of them should pull on the shirt again, but I'll bet they get a stern lecture and nothing more.

The langauge at this point means nothing - they will be subject to disciplinary proceedings which will determine the appropriate punishment - it's way too early for ther club to say anything else....

Archived