Lawrence and Bennett Convicted of drink driving

alexxxxx
Message added by Day

May I remind members of the forum terms of use and prohibited content - Personal insults/profanity towards other members, players, staff, media or anyone connected to Derby County Football Club.

Also please do not use this forum to create or further spread unverified rumours from social media on the incident.

2 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

No excuse for drink driving but listening to Cocu's interview it sounds like Lawrence is having some issues mentally following his mother's death.

Talks of having to keep a close eye on him now more than before and handling their response carefully.

Thought the questions were set up to receive that answer and I might accept it if he was the only participant. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keogh will be feeling absolutely dreadful now , not only has he let the club down but he has let himself down and no doubt he will be feeling very guilty about his role in this whole debacle. I very much think that all we have said about him he will be thinking about himself.  Yes all the players involved behaved badly but in Keogh's case does this negate all the good things he has done at the club? Let's let the club and in the case of Bennett and Lawrence the law deal with this and see how the players themselves respond. If they acknowledge they have been idiots and learn from this experience then surely we can forgive and draw a line under the whole experience.

There's an argument you should terminate the contracts of Bennett and Lawrence as drink driving is a serious and dangerous crime to commit and they are ambassadors for the club who are paid a lot of money 

Not sure that's the answer but wouldn't be shocked if the club did in this high scrutiny world 

5 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

No excuse for drink driving but listening to Cocu's interview it sounds like Lawrence is having some issues mentally following his mother's death.

Talks of having to keep a close eye on him now more than before and handling their response carefully.

Could you be kind enough to post the exact quotes?

Agree with Chester40 - and IMO, the captain failed to impose discipline & responsibility upon the players involved by not taking charge and confiscating car keys when the possibility and potential consequences of bad discipline was apparent, let alone join them in a car.

Go out and get some points, Derby, and not just on your driving licences ?

Not sure why anyone is judging any players intelligence or lack of it (apart from the 3 names who deserve it in my opinion). Waghorn, Curtis - I don’t see how anyone can tell me if they’re intelligent or not or what that has to do with anything. 

in relation to the actual incident. It’s a criminal offence, their intoxicated state does not provide an excuse for their behaviour (that’s kind of the point). You can be drunk and that’s not an issue but if you break the law when you’re drunk then maybe you shouldn’t be drinking. Being drunk shouldn’t prevent you from identifying what’s illegal. 

Should they all be sacked? I’m in two minds on it. They’ve messed up and will probably have had an impact on our season. I know jobs that you can’t keep after such an offence however most you can. If this is one of them is something for the club to weigh up.

Keogh, even though a passenger, should still know better. I wouldn’t get into a car with a drunk mate driving and I’d stop them driving even if I was drunk. Having a drink may distort your moral compass but it shouldn’t break it.

Anyway, this has distracted from an important game when we’re in search of our first home win. The loss of the players I think we can cope with but it’s the distraction that could hurt us.

2 minutes ago, cannable said:

Only picture of one crash, only logical scenario to me is that one car crashed and the other stopped to help

Two vehicle RTC = crash involving 2 cars. 

11 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Why is everyone saying Keogh's career is over? Davies missed all of last season and has still come back, although, admittedly, we don't really know at what level.

Unless Keogh's injury is so bad that he might lose his leg, I think some people are being a little premature.

Tbf we don’t know how serious Keogh’s knee injury is whereas we had a general idea about the severity of  Davies’ and timescale. We know for sure it’s all of this season at the very least, it could be a lot worse than that, he’s fortunate if he will have the ability to walk after this accident. Then it will be very difficult for him to win fans back over if and a big if he makes a full recovery.

15 minutes ago, Dappled Ram said:

Keogh will be feeling absolutely dreadful now , not only has he let the club down but he has let himself down and no doubt he will be feeling very guilty about his role in this whole debacle. I very much think that all we have said about him he will be thinking about himself.  Yes all the players involved behaved badly but in Keogh's case does this negate all the good things he has done at the club? Let's let the club and in the case of Bennett and Lawrence the law deal with this and see how the players themselves respond. If they acknowledge they have been idiots and learn from this experience then surely we can forgive and draw a line under the whole experience.

18 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Why is everyone saying Keogh's career is over? Davies missed all of last season and has still come back, although, admittedly, we don't really know at what level.

Unless Keogh's injury is so bad that he might lose his leg, I think some people are being a little premature.

Have you seen Cocu’s press conference? 

2 minutes ago, Sexydadbod said:

I know you’re responding to him but what did he have to say about Keogh? Thanks

Journo said, "seems like it could be a career ending injury."

Cocu said: "At this stage, a little early to say something like that; but we can say for sure he's out for the season."

5 minutes ago, Owd miner said:

Sum o folk on here defending em.... I'd love ya to try and defend em to a family that's had someone killed by a drink driver ...

Who has defended them? There are people saying they should be treated appropriately by the CPS and the club and then there are others who deem an appropriate punishment to be nailed to a nuclear missile by the testes and blasted into the moon.

Archived