Lawrence and Bennett Convicted of drink driving

alexxxxx
Message added by Day

May I remind members of the forum terms of use and prohibited content - Personal insults/profanity towards other members, players, staff, media or anyone connected to Derby County Football Club.

Also please do not use this forum to create or further spread unverified rumours from social media on the incident.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Bit gob-smacked at the sheer stupidity and idiotic recklessness of the players.

Not one for a knee jerk reaction. But as more and more comes out...Jesus Christ....this is mind-bogglingly ridiculous behaviour. 

Neither was Keogh. 

Too soon? 

7 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Am I the first to point out all of this "they should have known better and behaved more responsibly" stuff is a bit disingenuous

When you're drunk the two things you don't do are make good decisions and behave normally

That's kind of the deal with booze

Ermmm, seriously? 

8 minutes ago, Taribo said:

Ermmm, seriously? 

Well yeah

I mean - yes they shouldn't have, but they did because were they were drunk

https://www.talktofrank.com/drug/alcohol#how-it-feels

The more you drink in a sitting, the more your judgement will be affected, and this can lead to doing things or taking risks that you otherwise wouldn’t.

Just feels like some people are expecting them to have exercised the judgement of a sober person - which is kind of impossible for someone who is leathered on Jaegers

1 minute ago, SchtivePesley said:

Well yeah

I mean - yes they shouldn't have, but they did because were they were drunk

https://www.talktofrank.com/drug/alcohol#how-it-feels

Just feels like some people are expecting them to have exercised the judgement of a sober person - which is kind of impossible for someone who is leathered on Jaegers

Maybe they shouldn't have gotten leathered on Jaegers in the first place

Every time I calm down something else bugs me and I get annoyed all over again.

It's a decent gesture by the club to improve morale...that they have just stamped all over. They have totally disregarded the instructions of the club and just 'got on it'.

We have had a poor-ish start to the season, so not a time for over doing celebrations.

They are extremely well-paid professional athletes who are 'under-performing' and instead of being focused and getting themselves right mentally and physically, they just decided to get hammered.

They have made the manager look inept and not in control of them at all, just totally disrespectful.

They have then broken the law and potentially put the life's of the general public at risk.

The club captain has been central and culpable to the whole thing.

They have then cost us our first name on the team sheet and potentially de-railed the season. 

Just bloody fuming. 

1 minute ago, Chester40 said:

Every time I calm down something else bugs me and I get annoyed all over again.

It's a decent gesture by the club to improve morale...that they have just stamped all over. They have totally disregarded the instructions of the club and just 'got on it'.

We have had a poor-ish start to the season, so not a time for over doing celebrations.

They are extremely well-paid professional athletes who are 'under-performing' and instead of being focused and getting themselves right mentally and physically, they just decided to get hammered.

They have made the manager look inept and not in control of them at all, just totally disrespectful.

They have then broken the law and potentially put the life's of the general public at risk.

The club captain has been central and culpable to the whole thing.

They have then cost us our first name on the team sheet and potentially de-railed the season. 

Just bloody fuming. 

I agree totally, how can anyone defend them? The "they were drunk so therefore not in a position to make sound judgement" argument is farcical. We had the same sort of irresponsible behaviour in recent years with even the manager (not the current incumbent) barely able to walk.

Mind, I'm afraid your season was off the tracks already and I write that as somebody with a lot of money on you ante-post again. This could be an opportunity to come down hard on these individuals as a belated warning to the rest. I'd presume their contracts will have clauses allowing for their dismissal in these circumstances.

14 minutes ago, ramit said:

Maybe they shouldn't have gotten leathered on Jaegers in the first place

Yep - that's my point. By all means criticise them for that, but some people seem to be misunderstanding the effect of excessive alcohol on decision making. Maybe they've never been drunk, but god knows I've done some horrendous things when I've had a skinful that are impossible to justify or understand why in the cold light of day. I'm just lucky that crashing my car and ending the career of a professional athlete wasn't one of them

4 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

I’ve been pissed up and sat/laid in the backseat when I’ve been picked up by the Mrs or whoever. That doesn’t automatically mean someone was sat in the front that the club is hiding/protecting. 

Maybe why he got injured so badly (and the ones in the front were basically uninjured)?

My 18 yo daughter is always sitting with her legs up and across the back seat when she comes out with me and the Mrs in the car. I get told I'm (more) grumpy for rollocking her, but if we had a crash there is no way she'd get-off as lightly as if she was sat-up properly. But what do I know?

Archived