Lawrence and Bennett Convicted of drink driving

alexxxxx
Message added by Day

May I remind members of the forum terms of use and prohibited content - Personal insults/profanity towards other members, players, staff, media or anyone connected to Derby County Football Club.

Also please do not use this forum to create or further spread unverified rumours from social media on the incident.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Aye, definitely Mel's fault. ?

Not directly, but every club and every company has a culture, and that usually comes from the top. I'm not suggesting Mel was out there buying everyone Jaegarbombs, but C-levels and management have to be held accountable for the atmosphere of the their workplace.

31 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

There may have been more who stayed behind. Doesn't particularly mean they was involved in the drink driving incident.

But Keogh being in the back seat suggests there may be 1 other.

Potential for two cars full at the most but I too picked up the logical Keogh back seat point

13 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

It’s a great opportunity now for big Phil to bin off these 3 waste of time players. 

None of them are any good, none of them have ever shown they will ever be any good. 

Sack all 3 of them, knob heads, we won’t miss them for 1 second of the season. 

It says a small group of players. Others may yet be named.

What if the others involved are Waghorn, Marriott?

You have to sack them all not just these 3, are you ok with that?

The quality of the player is irrelevant here. 

I don't agree with you anyway, Keogh especially has been excellent for Derby. I do feel he won't play for us again though now.

3 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Not directly, but every club and every company has a culture, and that usually comes from the top. I'm not suggesting Mel was out there buying everyone Jaegarbombs, but C-levels and management have to be held accountable for the atmosphere of the their workplace.

Club's put on cabs for a work organised social event with a suggested end time. They're adults.

Just now, cosmic said:

To be fair they can't force grown men into cars to take them home.

Providing drivers/cars to get everyone home at 8pm is about as much as they can do. 

If this small group of players stays out late every time a club meal happens (which is fairly regularly as far as I know); but they never do (or get caught doing) this, the club has absolutely no reason to suspect there's a problem with them staying out.

You can bet things are gonna change now. Gonna be like a school trip. Everyone's going to be assigned to a safe, responsible player who definitely wants to go home at 8 ? 

Fan of all 3 players.

Hope I never see them play for Derby again now.

Having read the statement their behaviour is totally unacceptable, as it was part of a'works' night out I believe its grounds for dismissal.

Then get lawyers involved to recover any financial losses such as player value/transfer fees from them.

Disgusting.

5 minutes ago, cosmic said:

It was a team bonding evening where he literally put cars on for the players to get home. I mean, what else could he do? 

10 minutes ago, Kennington Ram said:

Club's put on cabs for a work organised social event with a suggested end time. They're adults.

10 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

To be fair they can't force grown men into cars to take them home.

Providing drivers/cars to get everyone home at 8pm is about as much as they can do. 

If this small group of players stays out late every time a club meal happens (which is fairly regularly as far as I know); but they never do (or get caught doing) this, the club has absolutely no reason to suspect there's a problem with them staying out.

You can bet things are gonna change now. Gonna be like a school trip. Everyone's going to be assigned to a safe, responsible player who definitely wants to go home at 8 ? 

You're both right, the club itself can only do so much. It's more the attitude of the players who quite clearly didn't give two clucks. Where does that come from? Where I work everyone's pulling in the same direction. There's mutual respect top to bottom. For me, the lack of it shown by Keogh and that group of players is worrying. I've worked in places where the guys running the show were rotten, and it filters down to the plebs on the floor.

Edit: and @Ambitious, you're right as well. Just saw your reply.

17 minutes ago, woody01530 said:

The club statement will mean the punishments from the courts will be worse cus it says that the players were offered club transport but they refused and kept on drinking.

Certainly takes away any potential mitigation and implies it was a proper session.  

18 minutes ago, woody01530 said:

The club statement will mean the punishments from the courts will be worse cus it says that the players were offered club transport but they refused and kept on drinking.

I'm sure, if they aren't complete morons, they will have already mentioned that when questioned.  If they didn't, then yes, they're ducked...

Archived