Lawrence and Bennett Convicted of drink driving

alexxxxx
Message added by Day

May I remind members of the forum terms of use and prohibited content - Personal insults/profanity towards other members, players, staff, media or anyone connected to Derby County Football Club.

Also please do not use this forum to create or further spread unverified rumours from social media on the incident.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Sorry no what I meant was It is a great excuse for Phil to get rid of those three, as they are all rubbish and he would also look like he is running the place when really he is getting rid of three rubbish players. 

What if Waghorn was in the small group aswell? He may be for all we know.

15 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

One thing I just want to address.

A lot of people commenting on the incident condemn Keogh for being an "old head" who should know better. Now, he absolutely should know better - as all adults should; but he's only an "old head" in footballing terms, not in real world terms.

The guy is 34. 

I know plenty of people in their mid 30s who live life exactly the same way they did when they were 20. Sure, their peers think often think less of them for it but it's not even remotely uncommon.
I don't think he should be free of blame; but I think some folks are over-egging his role in this due to their perception he's some wise old sage.

He's not even middle aged and he's spent his life on footballer's money, hitting a ball with various body parts for most of it. I'm often surprised footballers are capable of functioning in public at all.

He's done wrong; but lets not put him in a box of expectation he shouldn't be in.

He's the captain of our football team and is therefore a leader and should show leadership.  It doesn't require sagacity to understand drink driving is wrong.

1 minute ago, Smyth_18 said:

He was in Nottingham on Tuesday night getting a piggy back from his Mrs. (True Story)

Just using him as an example.

2 hours ago, AdamRam said:

Ah of course that’s it, same reason as wales continue to pick him ?

Oh well, if he plays for Wales...

What difference does that make? Country level and club level don't match up. Countries pick players that don't even get a kick for their clubs. It's got nothing to do with his performances for Derby has it? 

19 caps. 3 goals. 2 were penalties v Lithuania. 

Dribble all day, drive all night and the end product is a selfish mess on both

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Mason Bennett at the wheel,

Keogh how does your knee feel?

Lawrence wrapped around a lamppost,

Whatever happened to Efe Ambrose?

My take.., 

Bennett's at the wheel
tell me how drunk do you feel?
Lawrence wrapped round a lamppost
Keogh's knee is hurting the most....

I like it.