Lawrence and Bennett Convicted of drink driving

alexxxxx
Message added by Day

May I remind members of the forum terms of use and prohibited content - Personal insults/profanity towards other members, players, staff, media or anyone connected to Derby County Football Club.

Also please do not use this forum to create or further spread unverified rumours from social media on the incident.

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Whilst he's with his team mates in public? He definitely should show leadership, whether he's 18 or 40.

You'd hope; but "should"? 

He's not a bright fella. That's obvious to everyone.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Spanish said:

can't agree.  I was on a stag do with the guys from work; ferry from IOM to Liverpool, match and return boat.  Very messy.  On the way back I was having a laugh at the antics of a few of the guys, they were trying to walk the balustrade that surrounds the ship.  Then it occurred to me I was the senior guy at work.  Tell you something they didn't leave the confines of the ship or my gaze thereafter.  Keogh isn't a leader, he is at best one of the boys, if he had the skills to be a leader he would have stopped all this before it went Pete Tong

I didn't assert he was a leader to be fair - he spends most of the game shouting at people; more that I just feel the expectation is a bit odd. 

Clearly though plenty disagree and that's fine.

What I want to make absolutely clear though is I do think he's a complete pillock and to reiterate that I think being injured for the season is getting off lightly. Was just commenting on my observations.

10 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Oh well, if he plays for Wales...

What difference does that make? Country level and club level don't match up. Countries pick players that don't even get a kick for their clubs. It's got nothing to do with his performances for Derby has it? 

19 caps. 3 goals. 2 were penalties v Lithuania. 

Dribble all day, drive all night and the end product is a selfish mess on both

Your deviating from the original point, the post was that anyone who thinks TL brings anything to the team knows nothing about football. You then mention that managers only pick him based upon his “potential” and that’s because they are only here for a season. I brought wales into the equation, because that’s another manager who rates him enough to play him on a regular basis.

If I was him, id quite happily take the sack, move on and get away from the constant abuse he has taken throughout his time at Derby, criticism fair enough, but for some reason he gets more than his fair share for reasons unknown to me.

4 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Should. You don't have to be Einstein to be professional and a leader.

To add to this, @SaintRam, Waghorn seems thick as mince but is apparently extremely professional. For example, apparently he stayed at a hotel on his own (I said apparently) the night before a game rather than stay late at a boozy family party.

16 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

My take.., 

Bennett's at the wheel
tell me how drunk do you feel?
Lawrence wrapped round a lamppost
Keogh's knee is hurting the most....

I like it. 

Doesn't quite fit the tune, need to insert the obligatory "f-'in" before the word lamppost...

Unfortunately I don't have time to keep up with this thread, so apologies if this has already been addressed.

Do we know if it's just the three players named, or is there a possibility that even more of the squad could've been involved?

1 minute ago, Anon said:

Unfortunately I don't have time to keep up with this thread, so apologies if this has already been addressed.

Do we know if it's just the three players named, or is there a possibility that even more of the squad could've been involved?

Yes. It's either those 3, or more than those 3.

2 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

To add to this, @SaintRam, Waghorn seems thick as mince but is apparently extremely professional. For example, apparently he stayed at a hotel on his own (I said apparently) the night before a game rather than stay late at a boozy family party.

Waghorn isn't thick at all. 

7 minutes ago, Sexydadbod said:

Exactly, would Curtis Davies have done the same? I highly doubt he would’ve 

He wouldn't - but I don't understand the comparison. I'm under the impression that Curtis Davies is one of our more intelligent players. I've not met the guy though, is that wrong?

15 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

The more you find out about this incident, the worse it sounds and the worse it sounds, the more you're inclined to say sack all three players and anyone involved for their blatant disregard for the club.

You'd be mistaken for thinking we are Harchester United and this is an episode of Dream Team.

I hate to say it, but Keogh has completely shattered his image as a fans' favourite in the space of 48 hours. You're the club captain. You're a respected figure amongst players, staff and fans. You should be leading by example. If you are not going home at 8pm like everyone else, at least have the wherewithal to order a taxi for those who stayed out.

He didn't and now his season is over and potentially his career at the club is over. I am lost for words.

Normal halo effect.

BTo be honest, there's been quite a few, me included, who thinks Keogh is decent player but is not suitable as a captain. 

I knew I was right earlier as well, certainly didn't wanna see such an underlining.

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

He wouldn't - but I don't understand the comparison. I'm under the impression that Curtis Davies is one of our more intelligent players. I've not met the guy though, is that wrong?

He is intelligent, at least more intelligent than most of the squad- but Davies in that situation would have I imagined told the players not to be so stupid and just get a taxi instead

Just now, Sexydadbod said:

He is intelligent, at least more intelligent than most of the squad- but Davies in that situation would have I imagined told the players not to be so stupid and just get a taxi instead

Correct. Because he's not an idiot.

This situation is far more about a severe lack of brain cells than it is about a lack of leadership. But that is just my opinion, and I respect that others think differently. I don't really want to argue about it all day to be honest - we should all be holding hands in agreement that everyone involved is a pillock and deserve everything they get.

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Correct. Because he's not an idiot.

This situation is far more about a severe lack of brain cells than it is about a lack of leadership. But that is just my opinion, and I respect that others think differently. I don't really want to argue about it all day to be honest - we should all be holding hands in agreement that everyone involved is a pillock and deserve everything they get.

I agree with you the two don’t necessarily overlap but I think it does with Davies as an individual. He doesn’t strike me as the type to get trollied on a night out  - natural dad and leader of the pack if you like to make sure everyone gets home safely

Archived