Sign in to follow this  
alexxxxx

Lawrence and Bennett Convicted of drink driving

David

May I remind members of the forum terms of use and prohibited content - Personal insults/profanity towards other members, players, staff, media or anyone connected to Derby County Football Club.

Also please do not use this forum to create or further spread unverified rumours from social media on the incident.

Message added by David

Personally think it’s disgusting, wouldn’t surprise me if they were driving like twits.

wouldn’ be disappointed if they were both sacked, sorry.

Edited by Subman
Wrong word

If true, they should be punished to the fullest extent of the law, and should never wear a Derby shirt again. Could've killed an innocent person. Disgusting, no way should these pair represent the club. Hope we take action to set an example. 

2 minutes ago, Subman said:

Personally think it’s disgusting, wouldn’t surprise me if they were driving like twits.

would be disappointed if they were both sacked, sorry.

Would you expect to be sacked from your job if you were caught drink driving?

What they've done is awful and they should be punished for it. But let's try not go over-the-top here, as bad as what they have done is.

They should terminate their contracts if they admit matters or are found guilty.  Irresponsible and dangerous and should not be representing our club.

Compare those two with the likes of Milner who  has not touched a drop whilst being a professional footballer.  He has over achieved in his career.  We are left with these players, one who thinks he is Ronaldo when a wall is in front of him and the other who should be content with living most peoples boyhood dream.

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

What they've done is awful and they should be punished for it. But let's try not go over-the-top here, as bad as what they have done is.

No but nor would I expect to be seen as a role model.

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

People can lose their job for having criminal convictions.  This is about responsibility and conduct.  I am a solicitor and would be potentialy struck off for behaving in this way.  It is not over the top at all.

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

It doesn't work comparing football to normal jobs. If you're in the public eye, you should be expected to act in a certain way.