Watchable telly

dog

Walking Dead is good...keep with it. In the later series, it does seem sometimes like the zombies get in the way though of the human survival storylines. "Oh there are a few zombies lets stab/shoot them...right where were we?"

Edited by TimRam

7 minutes ago, TimRam said:

Walking Dead is good...keep with it. In the later series, it does seem sometimes like the zombies get in the way though of the human survival storylines. "Oh there are a few zombies lets stab/shoot them...right where were we?"

I have watched every episode I think, but it's an ordeal mainly. Even Negan erupted on the screen but then hung round like a bad smell. When it was like a tight road movie it was great, the whole community storylines (planting crops, Hilltop, Whisperers, Negan, whilst just pushing hundreds of zombies over) just detracted massively. Too many characters, too many boring plots. I feel invested so will probably keep watching but I really don't care at all, if they have stuck at 3 quality series on the road, it would have been an all time great. 

5 hours ago, Chester40 said:

I have watched every episode I think, but it's an ordeal mainly. Even Negan erupted on the screen but then hung round like a bad smell. When it was like a tight road movie it was great, the whole community storylines (planting crops, Hilltop, Whisperers, Negan, whilst just pushing hundreds of zombies over) just detracted massively. Too many characters, too many boring plots. I feel invested so will probably keep watching but I really don't care at all, if they have stuck at 3 quality series on the road, it would have been an all time great. 

Yea...Negan plot is too dragged out although my mate says it follows the comic series accurately which is probably the intention.

It's finally come to it.. I was watching a series and thought 'I'm sure I have seen this before..' and I wasn't sure! Certain bits seemed very familiar, some story lines were definitely something I had seen before, but I couldn't remember having seen it before! 

The Bridge...the central idea I had definitely seen, (the two bodies) but the main female character seemed to merely strongly remind me of the lead character in Homeland, it also has a huge whiff of The Tunnel. I'm actually really enjoying it, but am a little perturbed there is the merest hint of me losing my faculties. 

On 03/09/2020 at 19:29, JoetheRam said:

Started Mindhunter last week. 2 or 3 episodes in. Getting into it - love a bit of psychology with my crime drama. Set in the 70's. Promising.

Finished the final episode of the 2nd series of this last night, only to find out that a 3rd series looks in doubt. Would be a crying shame if it didn't get a chance to complete at least another series. 

Excellently written - especially the interviews held with Edmund Kemper, Charlie Manson et. al. and the two lead FBI agents in particular were very well acted. 

David Fincher's (House of Cards) influence as producer is clear too. Really well made show.

On 27/09/2020 at 20:31, Mafiabob said:

Des was good - the show I mean not the actual guy, he didn’t seem a nice fellow 

Just watched the first episode.  Wow, David Tenant is superb and the whole cast is spot on.  Very chilling, we’ll be binging on this.

On 08/10/2020 at 10:21, Alpha said:

Oh man, Stranger Things is great. I've watched about 20 episodes in 3 days. 

I half arsed saw the first season but wasn't into it but now I get the hype. 

Simple, nostalgic, electronic music, neon lights, 80's movie cliché, great characters and great acting. Millie Bobby Brown is fascinating in every scene. 

Just about to start season 3. Breaking Bad levels of enjoyment for me. All this time ignoring the hype! ?

Oh man, it’s so good. My wife and I binged it during lockdown, and loved it. It’s def not a 10/10 as by season 3 the main plot line starts to feel samey? Not that it matters though. The cast are great. I’m not into horror at all, but enjoy this. it’s scary but not enough to make me worry. Looking forward to season 4

On 12/10/2020 at 05:20, Chester40 said:

It's finally come to it.. I was watching a series and thought 'I'm sure I have seen this before..' and I wasn't sure! Certain bits seemed very familiar, some story lines were definitely something I had seen before, but I couldn't remember having seen it before! 

The Bridge...the central idea I had definitely seen, (the two bodies) but the main female character seemed to merely strongly remind me of the lead character in Homeland, it also has a huge whiff of The Tunnel. I'm actually really enjoying it, but am a little perturbed there is the merest hint of me losing my faculties. 

Wasn't the first series of the Tunnel a remake of the Bridge?  Same story...so the whiff is understandable.  Actually I preferred the Tunnel. 

14 hours ago, Highgate said:

Wasn't the first series of the Tunnel a remake of the Bridge?  Same story...so the whiff is understandable.  Actually I preferred the Tunnel. 

You my good man have solved the mystery and saved my sanity!! If you look at The Bridge on wiki, it doesn't mention this. 

I watched The Tunnel in probably 3 different attempts and possibly didn't watch every episode, so that explains why it wasn't jumping out as obvious, but the characters and certain scenes /scenarios seemed so familiar. The fact I have stuck with The Bridge shows I like this version better. 

2 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

Telly is a real dogs dinner at the moment.We have most channels no Netflix and the quality of programmes is appauling. Other than the footy unless your into soaps which were not it's all quite uninspiring ,repeats,cheap programming.

And that's only Derby County!

19 hours ago, ram1964 said:

Telly is a real dogs dinner at the moment.We have most channels no Netflix and the quality of programmes is appauling. Other than the footy unless your into soaps which were not it's all quite uninspiring ,repeats,cheap programming.

Netflix is worth every penny. It's worth double actually. 

I think the only people that criticise Netflix watch a lot of TV. Theres stuff on there I would love to watch but never will. Jam packed

On 12/10/2020 at 06:54, TimRam said:

Black Summer - Zombie genre...very good. Watch closely as each episode is split into mini plots in slightly different timelines.

I enjoyed that. Was hoping for another season

Watched it after about 9 seasons of watching TWD cast walk through forests and get trapped by snail paced zombies that somehow catch a meal. 

There are dozens of zombie shows and I think most of them are rubbish.

20 hours ago, ram1964 said:

I find I'm watching a lot of things on youtube now. Dust short sci-fi films channel is decent and I am sure there are others. Peak-time telly is usually rubbish Dance Factor Bake Talent type stuff.

Edited by TimRam

2 hours ago, TimRam said:

I find I'm watching a lot of things on youtube now. Dust short sci-fi films channel is decent and I am sure there are others. Peak-time telly is usually rubbish Dance Factor Bake Talent type stuff.

It gets worse. 

It's only a matter of time before Celebrity Dump sees minor celebs being rated on the quality of their stools by a panel of judges. 

Documentary about the possibility of Jimi Hendrix death being murder because he was heavily insured and planning to change his management - hendrix and the spook.  Much of the investigation surrounding the night of his death done by Derby girl and long term girlfriend Kathy Etchingham.  Just on sky arts.

Thought it might be a bit fanciful but Very good and features many main players from his life

Episode 2 of The Trump show, on BBC 2 tonight 9pm. 

Last week was about his first year in office. 

It was fascinating listening to the people who were in the front line at the time being interviewed retrospectively. 

Whitehouse staff, journalists, politicians. 

I think it moves onto year 2 tonight, Stormy Daniels etc.