Watchable telly

dog

Watched all  6 episodes of  “The English Game” straight through on Netflix yesterday. Interesting football drama regarding the introduction of paid professionals in to the game in the late 1800’s. The Rams early rivals Derby St Luke’s even got a look in, although having checked on Wiki the FA Cup game against Darwin That featured in the drama never actually occurred.

19 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

So many memories on this Doc. Mexico 86, Italia 90. Pre internet days, seeing foreign football on tv was a trip into the unknown. 

I still think he was the greatest. 

It was a good watch and I enjoyed it mainly. The thing that spoilt it for me was the subtitles. I found it hard watching the footage of him playing and reading the subtitles at the same time. I would have preferred it to have a narrator instead. 

Finally got round to The Morning Show on App TV, really good show, with some top notch acting.  Jennifer Aniston has never been better.

After that, The English Game will get a coat of looking at, as well as a couple of episodes of Picard I've got to catch up on, then about 5 episodes of The Mandalorian, and then.......

With the absence of sport, either live or televised, I've started looking for ways to keep the Memsahib entertained in the evenings and I thought - "I know, proper telly" as opposed to never venturing outside the sports channels. I'd heard that a lot of people we impressed with "Killing Eve" so last night, we fired up iPlayer and gave it a go.

First three episodes of Series 1 - blooming excellent. I really enjoyed it. We will watch a few more tonight.

16 minutes ago, Eddie said:

With the absence of sport, either live or televised, I've started looking for ways to keep the Memsahib entertained in the evenings and I thought - "I know, proper telly" as opposed to never venturing outside the sports channels. I'd heard that a lot of people we impressed with "Killing Eve" so last night, we fired up iPlayer and gave it a go.

First three episodes of Series 1 - blooming excellent. I really enjoyed it. We will watch a few more tonight.

Oh Eddie how I’ve missed you. Please don’t stay away/quiet for so long again. 
 Truly hope you’re in good spirits and stocked up on Belgium’s finest. 

Killing Eve is indeed excellent. 

On 25/03/2020 at 16:53, ramsbottom said:

Finally got round to The Morning Show on App TV, really good show, with some top notch acting.  Jennifer Aniston has never been better.

After that, The English Game will get a coat of looking at, as well as a couple of episodes of Picard I've got to catch up on, then about 5 episodes of The Mandalorian, and then.......

Apologies if it's a dumb question. 

The Mandalorian....do I need to have seen something else before watching this, or can I just dive straight in?

On 28/03/2020 at 18:59, Chester40 said:

Tiger King... 

Only in the US... but definitely worth a watch. Nutters the lot of them. 

On 30/03/2020 at 01:21, Andicis said:

Just finished Tiger King, an absolute must watch. It's the most ducking insane documentary I've watched, it's the most crazy thing ever.

One of the first things I'm gonna do when all this is over is throw a fancy dress party round my gaff, and I'm already sourcing stuff to dress as Joe Exotic.  What a legend ?  The Mrs will have to be Carole, who's the real nutter in the whole story...

Edited by ramsbottom

1 hour ago, ramsbottom said:

One of the first things I'm gonna do when all this is over is throw a fancy dress party round my gaff, and I'm already sourcing stuff to dress as Joe Exotic.  What a legend ?  The Mrs will have to be Carole, who's the real nutter in the whole story...

Hoping my invite is in the post...need to lose a few teeth first though to get into character. 

1 hour ago, ramsbottom said:

You gotta play his music at the party “Here Kitty Kitty” is a wonderfully well written melody and the video really should have been up for an Emmy

1 hour ago, ThePrisoner said:

Sunderland til I Die season 2 came out today! 

Watched 20 minutes on my lunch, this Charlie Methven is already set himself up as an uber rick!!!  Wanting the team to come out to the theme to The Apprentice ? You can practically see those young lads in the office dying to tell him it's a crap idea...  

#gold

Like a few others, just finished Tiger King. Very difficult not to binge watch it which is usually a good sign.

Watched the first episode of the new series of Friday Night Dinner. Definitely, in my opinion, a series that has jumped the shark.

Now trying to get into the latest series of WestWorld. Finding it hard going.