Watchable telly

dog

On 16/02/2020 at 14:28, Mostyn6 said:

Just finished this, six seasons on Prime Video, I’ve got to say it was thoroughly enjoyable. Boyd Crowder is possibly my favourite character in TV! 

YES!!!  Another convert...  Justified doesn't get anywhere near enough love from people.  Brilliant show

On 15/02/2020 at 13:19, Chester40 said:

Several people strongly recommended it, plus positive reviews on here... 

Watched 45mins and turned it off. Thought the whole thing was very hammy and naff. Lots of conversations that were played as 'natural' dialogue but just didn't feel real to me.

Could almost hear the ideas and how they looked written on paper...all felt very heavy handed and clunky to me. 

'To show contrast he then calls his wife who is relaxing in a hotel with a glass of wine... Cut to her lying on a bed. "oh yeh baby, are you OK cos its sooo hard being me, just f-ing relaxing here on a bed' (swearing makes it much more edgy).  Etc

Not for one second did I forget it was all acting. 

Weird how much I disliked it. 

It certainly isn't high art.  You could tell from the trailer it was gonna be a bit campy.  You can certainly notice it's airport novel origins...

On 17/02/2020 at 10:04, Mostyn6 said:

really struggled to like this. Watched S1 and S2, but instantly forgettable for me

Loved season 1, but I could only manage 3 episodes of season 2 before I quit through boredom

21 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Anyone else watching The Outsider? Wishing I hadn't started it as I'm so immature that I can't wait a week between episodes. Watched 1st three and am hooked so debating whether to drop it for now then binge watch it when all episodes are available ?

Even though the quality dropped off after the first couple of episodes it's still very good.  Plus as a bonus it features Staffordshire's Finest Paddy Consindine...

With the weather being so crappy for the foreseeable I thought I might drown myself sorrows in comfort food and god liquor this weekend and to the that end I'm going to revisit a show called Gomorrah. It's an Italian show about the fluctuating fortunes of Naples' foremost crime syndicate and it's utterly brilliant. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2049116/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

21 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

With the weather being so crappy for the foreseeable I thought I might drown myself sorrows in comfort food and god liquor this weekend and to the that end I'm going to revisit a show called Gomorrah. It's an Italian show about the fluctuating fortunes of Naples' foremost crime syndicate and it's utterly brilliant. 

I'd be surprised if I never mentioned this in here or the other TV shows thread. Me and Eddie spoke of it often, probably with every new season.

Absolutely riveting and gritty television.

Recommend to anyone who can read and watch at the same time, as it's subtitled.

3 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

All the episodes of Series 4 lined up in the planner and ready to watch. The other 3 series were superb - great locations, brilliant acting.

3 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Watched it all way through twice.  

Try as I may to be inclusive and non-judgemental, anyone who I have recommended it to who says.. 

A) I don't like the subtitles 

B) I couldn't get into it... 

I can't really respect ever again. 

Its definitely the coolest, and possibly the most engrossing series ever for me. 

5 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

All the episodes of Series 4 lined up in the planner and ready to watch. The other 3 series were superb - great locations, brilliant acting.

Ha, that's dangerous. You'll end up pulling an all nighter ?

And yes, it's a great show, deffo in my top 10 ever. It's relentless without ever seeming forced or gratuitous. I'm going to have a look at what else the creators and directors have done too.

5 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Watched it all way through twice.  

Try as I may to be inclusive and non-judgemental, anyone who I have recommended it to who says.. 

A) I don't like the subtitles 

B) I couldn't get into it... 

I can't really respect ever again. 

Its definitely the coolest, and possibly the most engrossing series ever for me. 

Gave this a laughing emoji as your honesty made me chuckle. I think the same way. Refusing to try films because of subtitles is something I can't get my head around. After a few minutes you're not even aware you're reading them and when you've got 50 odd hours to watch, you find yourself picking up the language anyway. 

9 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

I'd be surprised if I never mentioned this in here or the other TV shows thread. Me and Eddie spoke of it often, probably with every new season.

Ah apologies if this one is a regular feature. I'm not surprised really! I defy anyone not to like it. 

On a separate note, I miss Eddie! 

13 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Ha, that's dangerous. You'll end up pulling an all nighter ?

And yes, it's a great show, deffo in my top 10 ever. It's relentless without ever seeming forced or gratuitous. I'm going to have a look at what else the creators and directors have done too.

Gave this a laughing emoji as your honesty made me chuckle. I think the same way. Refusing to try films because of subtitles is something I can't get my head around. After a few minutes you're not even aware you're reading them and when you've got 50 odd hours to watch, you find yourself picking up the language anyway. 

Ah apologies if this one is a regular feature. I'm not surprised really! I defy anyone not to like it. 

On a separate note, I miss Eddie! 

Where is Eddie, hope he is ok.

Where can I watch Gomorrah currently?

On 29/02/2020 at 13:34, ariotofmyown said:

Where is Eddie, hope he is ok.

Where can I watch Gomorrah currently?

Yeah I do too. I think there's a few on here who know him outside of the forum. 

As for Gomorrah, quick Google spat out this...

Currently you are able to watch "Gomorrah" streaming on Sky Go, Now TV or buy it as download on Apple iTunes, Amazon Video, Rakuten TV, Talk Talk TV, Sky Store, Google Play Movies.

There are various torrent sites obviously as well as free streaming sites. If you're not familiar with them just  PM me.