Watchable telly

dog

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

I'm almost ashamed to admit it's one of my favourite films.

I'm afraid your criticism could be levelled at pretty much any film. 

Nothing to be ashamed of, there's plenty to admire about it, great performances from the cast and sharp dialogue.

Directors cut apparently adds another hour!

On ‎03‎/‎04‎/‎2020 at 16:17, Chester40 said:

Is a total *******. 

But didnt they always come out to the Apprentice music... He wanted them to change it to Ibiza trance tunes and was very Dad-cringe about it. 

The bloke has the feel of Richard Madeley if he owned a football club. 

On 15/04/2020 at 20:26, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Rewatching Freaks and Geeks on amazon prime. 

Really good show from 1999 starring James Franco, Seth Rogen and Jason Segel.

Only 18 episodes as it got cancelled early but well worth a watch.

Btw if anyone does happen to watch this via prime which I doubt, just thought I’d point out that some of the episodes are in the wrong order.

Giri/Haji

Wow. Brilliant stuff. Great depth of characters. It's an excellent study of breaking relationships across generations set against a background of corrupt police and Yakuza gangsters. 

Quirky. Stylish. Plenty of action too. If you like Tarantino or enjoyed Killing Eve, you'll probably like this. 

On Netflix. 

Edited by therealhantsram

On 28/02/2020 at 14:14, Mostyn6 said:

I'd be surprised if I never mentioned this in here or the other TV shows thread. Me and Eddie spoke of it often, probably with every new season.

Absolutely riveting and gritty television.

Recommend to anyone who can read and watch at the same time, as it's subtitled.

So it's you lot's fault I have now watched all four series! 

Great stuff and the music is mesmeric. 

Have any of you managed to see the film l'immortale? 

Apparently we need to watch that before series five. 

On 17/04/2020 at 07:49, therealhantsram said:

Giri/Haji

Wow. Brilliant stuff. Great depth of characters. It's an excellent study of breaking relationships across generations set against a background of corrupt police and Yakuza gangsters. 

Quirky. Stylish. Plenty of action too. If you like Tarantino or enjoyed Killing Eve, you'll probably like this. 

On Netflix. 

Too right. Thought it was brilliant show. I thought early Tarantino too. Love how the quirky parts creep in as the series progresses, with little sign of it at the beginning. Is the gangster boss's daughter the most attractive women ever too?

6 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Just read an email from Amazon. New season of Bosch is here. Really like this series, and not just for The Wire actors in it.

I was playing the last GTA during the 1st series so like LA much more now than previously.

I noticed that last night, when navigating my way out of I-Player into Netflix. We're catching up/ re-watching a few things at the moment - currently half way through season 6 of 'Spooks' which the Memsahib is really in to (after having binge-watched 'Killing Eve' a couple of weeks ago. Then late last night I started watching 'Life on Mars' again.

12 weeks of house arrest? No problem.

Sith Happens
On 05/04/2020 at 23:00, i-Ram said:

Much of it is very good. Even where the story/ending is a bit weak (only on a few of them) the acting and characterisation is first class.  I can never understand why Steve Pemberton got into Benidorm, unless the money was too good to resist. My personal favourite is the 12 days of Christine (Might not have the title quite right), but I perhaps might be influenced by a young Sheridan Smith.

benidorm was quite funny to start with. sadly went on about 6 years too long

On 17/04/2020 at 07:49, therealhantsram said:

Giri/Haji

On Netflix. 

On 18/04/2020 at 11:50, ariotofmyown said:

Too right. Thought it was brilliant show. I thought early Tarantino too. Love how the quirky parts creep in as the series progresses, with little sign of it at the beginning. Is the gangster boss's daughter the most attractive women ever too?

That's tonight's viewing sorted then, cheers chaps ?

On a separate note, has anyone watched Devs? Curious as to what folk think of it.

On 03/04/2020 at 16:17, Chester40 said:

Is a total *******. 

But didnt they always come out to the Apprentice music... He wanted them to change it to Ibiza trance tunes and was very Dad-cringe about it. 

You're probably right, I was distracted with work for most of the first episode.  He carries on being a complete tool for the remaining ones though.  The looks on his Mrs' face as he mansplains what's happening on the pitch are priceless.  

Anybody watched Hunters on Prime yet??  Was thinking of giving it a go, but first I have the first 2 hours of The Last Dance to catch up on.  It's a 10 part documentary on Michael Jordan's last season with the Chicago Bulls.  ESPN brought the 'ahem' airtime forward by a few months while everyone's in lock down.

Rakuten TV. This thing has been on my TV for over a year and still dont know why tbh. Its an app that just appeared but of late they have been putting the odd free program. Watched the Sadio Mane story, very good watch. I have started to watch the Barcelona story of last season, similar to the Man City on Amazon and soon something i am really looking forward the story of Andres Iniesta.

All in original language but with subtitles but if you are missing footie it is worth a try. I think that if you cant get it on your TV it is available online

On 03/04/2020 at 08:04, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Binge-watched Tiger King yesterday. No issue with 'recreationals' but being a meth head really ain't a good look. Anyway, feel like I need counselling now. Maddest docu ever. 

Why do meth heads always have one tooth slap bang in the middle?

It's like all their teeth fall out and they can only afford to have one implant so they opt to have it centrally placed - ya know, so it's all symmetrical and doesn't ruin their looks.

Watched Once Upon A Time in Hollywood last night.

How the duck did Brad Pitt get an oscar for turning up and playing himself?

LDC was fantastic and unlucky he wasn't supporting and up against Joaquin Rivers (in all honesty I can't even remember is LDC was nominated).

As for Tarantino, well he has just disappeared up his own ass crack.

I actually enjoyed it, but the in-jokes deliberate bad editing and random scenes get a bit much.

We get it Quentin, you can do exactly what you want and you've done way too much coke....allegedly.

Watching Ozark season 3.

4 episodes and a  tad disappointed. The first two seasons were outstanding, but this is starting to feel like it may be time to finish things off.

And to those of you asking about whether Tiger King is typical America? Yeh in Florida and the south it is.

I went to a party once not long after we moved here I got talking to these real rednecks around midnight when one asked me if I wanted to come with them after.

I presumed they meant to another party. But no, they had get several cases of beer and were going into the swamp to hunter alligators out of their boat. I politley declined.