Watchable telly

dog

2 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Just watched the first episode of Westworld Season 3.

Can anyone tell me what the eff is going on?

I'm having the same problem with 'Lost'.

The first 4 episodes watched tonight. Not sure I want to watch any more but the Memsahib does, so it looks as though I'm a captive audience of one.

5 minutes ago, Eddie said:

The first 4 episodes watched tonight. Not sure I want to watch any more but the Memsahib does, so it looks as though I'm a captive audience of one.

Please don't do it too yourself.  I watched it all over about six years getting more bemused as time went on.  Half the characters have no reason too be in the programme and the last few episodes would make reading Carl Sagan's Cosmos seem like perusing a comic.

4 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Please don't do it too yourself.  I watched it all over about six years getting more bemused as time went on.  Half the characters have no reason too be in the programme and the last few episodes would make reading Carl Sagan's Cosmos seem like perusing a comic.

True, but there were some brilliant parts of it too.

On 26/04/2020 at 14:13, Mostyn6 said:

Season 3 of UNFORGOTTEN is on Netflix. Loved first two seasons. The premise of the show is a dept of the police investigating when remains turn up somewhere. They have to identify the remains and the circumstances. Really well made and with good storylines. Its British. 

9 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Just to add to Mostyn’s recommendation Series 3 (6 episodes) was just as good 1 & 2.  Each series is a different cold case, but by the same police team, and I would suggest there is not too much to be lost in terms of character development if you can only find Series 3 at this stage.

I watch very little telly, as there is very little to hold my attention...

She watched series 1, with me occasionally glancing up from my laptop.  I ended up watching the last couple of episodes.
We watched series 2 in two sessions, a couple of weeks ago.

We started watching series 3 about 8pm last night.  With loo and kettle breaks, we didn't get to bed until just gone 1am, but hey, at least that's series 3 ticked off the list!

It holds my attention, so a ? from me.

8 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I watch very little telly, as there is very little to hold my attention...

She watched series 1, with me occasionally glancing up from my laptop.  I ended up watching the last couple of episodes.
We watched series 2 in two sessions, a couple of weeks ago.

We started watching series 3 about 8pm last night.  With loo and kettle breaks, we didn't get to bed until just gone 1am, but hey, at least that's series 3 ticked off the list!

It holds my attention, so a ? from me.

If you have netflix, I recommend Unbelievable and Sinner too. I put them in a similar category of quality and standard. 

8 hours ago, Eddie said:

Take my advice, find something interesting to do while she watches Lost. 

To this day I wonder what I could have achieved in those hours I wasted watching 'Lost'.

Watched war of the worlds on fox. 1st episode was ok, after that my god it was boring ! Stuck with it as I had invested my time in to it. But if you haven’t watched it don’t bother, the aliens are laughable robot things and it’s sooooooooooo slow..... I must learn to stop these things when they get boring and the good bits are done. 

20 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Watched war of the worlds on fox. 1st episode was ok, after that my god it was boring ! Stuck with it as I had invested my time in to it. But if you haven’t watched it don’t bother, the aliens are laughable robot things and it’s sooooooooooo slow..... I must learn to stop these things when they get boring and the good bits are done. 

Thanks. I caught the tail end of an episode last week and thought it might be worth a watch. Maybe not.

Though it has to be better than the awful BBC adaptation last year. I lasted less than an hour of that tosh.

Just now, Van Wolfie said:

Thoughts on Killing Eve?

Never seen it but thinking about watching from the beginning on iPlayer, now we've finished a couple of other shows.

It's pretty good, very watchable. We binge-watched it over a week or so - 3 episodes and a couple of Belgian beers a night. Not bothering with series 3 until it's finished, then we will do the same.

9 hours ago, Eddie said:

I really enjoyed the first couple of series. After that, it was like the writers just hadn't bothered to work out how to explain some of the oh-so-clever mysteries that they'd set up early on. By the end it was just a confusing & unsatisfying mess.

1 hour ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Take my advice, find something interesting to do while she watches Lost. 

To this day I wonder what I could have achieved in those hours I wasted watching 'Lost'.

Quite right. I blame Lost for my reluctance ever since to invest time in any potentially long running series (hence my question on Killing Eve, above)

Edited by Van Wolfie

On 27/04/2020 at 13:39, Carl Sagan said:

Watched the first six episodes (out of eight) of Alex Garland's DEVS.

A tech company with a secret department doing profound research with quantum computing that may impact on the whole world. Garland also wrote and directed Ex Machina, another thoughtful discussion of near-future technology. DEVS also shares the same cinematographer, Rob Hardy, so is extraordinarily beautiful. And the sound is fascinating, sometimes reminding me of 2001.

Absolutely loving it so far. The pacing is very, very good. Expect to watch the final two episodes tonight.

It's currently on BBC meaning the ful series is up on iPlayer for easiest access. In the US it was Hulu for anyone there (and has finished).

Thx Carl, started watching it on your recommendation along with my son, half way through and loving it so far.

Re. the sound fascinating is one way of putting it... we are both terrified by it at times but I get what you mean it plays a big part of the experience.

I have really enjoyed Michael Portillo’s Great Asian Railways programmes.

He’s an engaging presenter and makes the history of the places he visits interesting. He’s a good sport and throws himself into the culture and adventure of wherever he goes and his outfits are quite something to behold!

I met him a few years back and he was a genuine people person, not remotely aloof.

I particularly recommend the episode in Thailand.

15 minutes ago, Van Wolfie said:

I really enjoyed the first couple of series. After that, it was like the writers just hadn't bothered to work out how to explain some of the oh-so-clever mysteries that they'd set up early on. By the end it was just a confusing & unsatisfying mess.

Quite right. I blame Lost for my reluctance ever since to invest time in any potentially long running series (hence my question on Killing Eve, above)

The bloody polar bear. I’m still annoyed by that. 

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

I have really enjoyed Michael Portillo’s Great Asian Railways programmes.

He’s an engaging presenter and makes the history of the places he visits interesting. He’s a good sport and throws himself into the culture and adventure of wherever he goes and his outfits are quite something to behold!

I met him a few years back and he was a genuine people person, not remotely aloof.

I particularly recommend the episode in Thailand.

Must definitely be colour-blind though. Some of those jackets!

1 hour ago, Van Wolfie said:

Thanks. I caught the tail end of an episode last week and thought it might be worth a watch. Maybe not.

Though it has to be better than the awful BBC adaptation last year. I lasted less than an hour of that tosh.

It’s worse than the bbc 1 IMO utter tosh cant believe I watched it ?