Watchable telly

dog

12 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Hunters - have watched first 2 episodes, really great viewing so far. 

Tarrantino-esque, but not to excess. 

I have watched the whole first series.

I also commented to friends that it is very like a Tarrantino production.

Enjoyed it a lot, just because it is so different.

On 28/02/2020 at 14:14, Mostyn6 said:

I'd be surprised if I never mentioned this in here or the other TV shows thread. Me and Eddie spoke of it often, probably with every new season.

Absolutely riveting and gritty television.

Recommend to anyone who can read and watch at the same time, as it's subtitled.

Gomorrah?

Good innit?

Only 5 episodes in but I’m hooked.

Spent the football-less weekend watching the two seasons of Altered Carbon on Netflix.

Really enjoyed it, interesting sci-fi concept that's right up my alley. Anyone considering watching it should be aware though that it is hyper-violent, with an awful lot of sex and is occasionally sexually violent.

6 hours ago, Stagtime said:

Next season of Westworld about to start, hope it’s as good as season 2.

5 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

only finished S2 yesterday. It's a total brainfcuk!

I  think S2 got a little bit cerebral for my liking.  I'm all for thought provoking shows that engage the grey matter, but they really tipped the scales last time.  Saying that Kiksuya and Vanishing Point were two of the best episodes of television in many a year.

The reviews I've read for those episodes critics have seen are very positive and they've commented that the story is simpler this time, so fingers crossed

Couldn't get on with Hunters. Lost me after a couple of episodes. Altered Carbon I kinda liked. Will check out S02. Westworld I'm not sure about. Loved the first series but it lost me in series 2 of which I only ended up watching 3 or 4 episodes.

Just finished up Suburra - Blood on Rome series 1 and 2. Decent without ever threatening to reach Gomorrah levels of brilliance.

On 19/03/2020 at 22:04, Steve How Hard? said:

Looking forward to that myself. Absolutely loathed him at the time but he was a genius and great to watch in his pomp. 

So many memories on this Doc. Mexico 86, Italia 90. Pre internet days, seeing foreign football on tv was a trip into the unknown. 

I still think he was the greatest.