Watchable telly

dog

On 18/04/2020 at 06:53, ariotofmyown said:

Just read an email from Amazon. New season of Bosch is here. Really like this series, and not just for The Wire actors in it.

I was playing the last GTA during the 1st series so like LA much more now than previously.

Speaking of Bosch.

I had tickets to see Billy Bremner speak at a do at the Fishpond In Matlock in the late 90s' but he rather selfishly died, so they sent Peter Osgood.

Every other word was bosch.

'Alan Hudson went in and bosch the geezer was on his back. So the geezer tried to get up and bosch, bosch, Huddy had nutted him. Bosch'

''Chopper slid into the guy and bosch, bosch, he'd nailed him. And then bosch he'd dropped a rock on the geezers head. And bosch, bosch, bosch he'd driven a effing great JCB over his testicles. Chopper was hard as bosch with a massive bosch'

'There'll be a series some day called Bosch with Titus Welliver' - not 100% he said that one, but I think so.

He was possibly the obnoxious person I have met not named Richard Madeley.

Did I tell you my Richard Madeley story?

2 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Watched most of it in one night. Was up until nearly 4.00AM. Was cursing you! ?

Best recaps in a series ever. Gripping, funny, stylish, sexy, brutal. It had it all.

Don't want to give anything away for those who haven't watched it but how good was the scene on the rooftop. And the reason why the brother was allowed to disappear. So many great characters in there too.

2 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

So many great characters in there too.

The characterisation was a standout for me. I loved the fact that it had a start, middle and end too, despite the timeline hopping, with no obvious tee up for further series. That said, I'd love it if they did another with all the characters converging in Tokyo this time. I can just see it now!

Now we've talked it up so much I hope other people like it!

2 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

The characterisation was a standout for me. I loved the fact that it had a start, middle and end too, despite the timeline hopping, with no obvious tee up for further series. That said, I'd love it if they did another with all the characters converging in Tokyo this time. I can just see it now!

Now we've talked it up so much I hope other people like it!

Reminder of the name of the series would be handy ??

9 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

It's a lot of fun.

If you've not already, check out Narcos and Narcos: Mexico. If you liked El Chapo they should be right up your street.

Yep, watched them first. Think they have very slowly become less gripping as I have worked through them but still worth a watch. Escobar's were the most watchable episodes for me. 

3 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Yep, watched them first. Think they have very slowly become less gripping as I have worked through them but still worth a watch. Escobar's were the most watchable episodes for me. 

AH, my fave was Mexico season 1. I love all of them though to be honest. I think I might have been a druglord in a previous life.

I watched the West Wing series 1 to 4 on C4 when it first came out. Loved it.

Then they stuck it on at 1am and I lost interest, but somehow managed to see series 7 (the last one) at some point  

Sky are now on series 5 and im back into it again. Interestingly, its just covered Isreal / Palestine and how USA striking terror cells in the middle east in retaliation might make martyrs and bring terror to the US homeland. 

There were rumours around the time that Whitehouse staff were advising the West wing writers on various US policies and using them to gauge public opinion. 

Irrespective, its a brilliant TV show. 

49 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

If you like The Raid films or stuff from John Woo you’ll love it. It’s f-in insane. Unlike any Western TV show ever

I was with it until the pub brawl. Too daft for words. Sillier than Kingsman but not supposed to be funny. It lost any integrity for me as a gangland drama.

Shame as it has a great cast.

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

I was with it until the pub brawl. Too daft for words. Sillier than Kingsman but not supposed to be funny. It lost any integrity for me as a gangland drama.

Shame as it has a great cast.

It’s not meant to be the usual gang land drama, they’re not aiming for social realism,  it’s meant to be hyper stylised and OTT. 

8 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

It’s not meant to be the usual gang land drama, they’re not aiming for social realism,  it’s meant to be hyper stylised and OTT. 

Yes I appreciate that. I guess I’m not comfortable watching supposed gangland violence that looks like it has been choreographed by MCHammer.

I’m an old fart and I know there’s a massive market for this type of thing. I note that its two directors come from a martial arts movie background so it was always going to be this stylised violence. 

Not for me but each to their own.