Watchable telly

dog

Are all Americans like that? Tiger King is nuts. Give them a few tigers, an elephant, 3 wives & some guns and it sends them crazy. There's more tigers in captivity in America than  in the wild. duck. A bit rich what OJ Simpson said about Carole Baskin. 

On 01/04/2020 at 14:45, ramsbottom said:

Watched 20 minutes on my lunch, this Charlie Methven is already set himself up as an uber rick!!!  Wanting the team to come out to the theme to The Apprentice ? You can practically see those young lads in the office dying to tell him it's a crap idea...  

#gold

Is a total *******. 

But didnt they always come out to the Apprentice music... He wanted them to change it to Ibiza trance tunes and was very Dad-cringe about it. 

Anyone see Have I got news for you, last night?

Normally my favourite show but had to switch off after 10 minutes. Just doesn’t work via zoom or whatever. Cringey.

Don't know where I’m going to get my fix of topical satire any more. Used to love The News Quiz on Radio 4 but can’t stand Nish Kumar presenting it.

3 hours ago, Van Wolfie said:

Anyone see Have I got news for you, last night?

Normally my favourite show but had to switch off after 10 minutes. Just doesn’t work via zoom or whatever. Cringey.

Don't know where I’m going to get my fix of topical satire any more. Used to love The News Quiz on Radio 4 but can’t stand Nish Kumar presenting it.

Yeah, I watched it too. 

The fact that it’s largely scripted was even more obvious in that shaky format.

The Asian guy in the shop was the funniest bit.

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

watching Inside Number 9, absolute genius. Nobody ever recommended this to my memory, which is surprising!

Much of it is very good. Even where the story/ending is a bit weak (only on a few of them) the acting and characterisation is first class.  I can never understand why Steve Pemberton got into Benidorm, unless the money was too good to resist. My personal favourite is the 12 days of Christine (Might not have the title quite right), but I perhaps might be influenced by a young Sheridan Smith.

1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

Much of it is very good. Even where the story/ending is a bit weak (only on a few of them) the acting and characterisation is first class.  I can never understand why Steve Pemberton got into Benidorm, unless the money was too good to resist. My personal favourite is the 12 days of Christine (Might not have the title quite right), but I perhaps might be influenced by a young Sheridan Smith.

Watched that one a couple of hours ago. Choked me up a bit when the plot is revealed. As for our Sheridan, yep, she’s got something about her. 

I've started watching "Dirty Money" on Netflix. A series of documentaries about scandals from around the world. The VW diesel emissions was a good one as was one about a pharmaceutical company called Valleant (I think that's how they spell it). They invest next to nothing in R&D, which is bizarre for such a company. What they do is identify smaller companies that manufacture a drug for which there is no alternative. They then buy the company, close down their R&D and hike the price for the monopoly drug by several hundred %. Also been a good one about a US pay day loans company that tried to protect themselves from legal action by making native American tribes "owners" of the company. 

On 05/04/2020 at 22:15, reverendo de duivel said:

Just watched 'The Wolf of Wall Street'.

Christ, did they not have an editor on the payroll, 3 hrs which could have been covered in 60 minutes?

I'm almost ashamed to admit it's one of my favourite films.

I'm afraid your criticism could be levelled at pretty much any film.