Watchable telly

dog

On 23/01/2020 at 20:36, Tamworthram said:

Half way through Cobra on Sky One. Very watchable although a bit too full of stereotypes. 

It feels sorta 'UK' made for TV to me. 

Comparable to Line of Duty, Luther.. All kinda watchable, but I really don't get what all the fuss is about.

It's a step up from The Bill, but if you compare it to The Wire, The Sopranos, Gomorrah, True Detective... even Ray Donovan etc then its simply world's away. 

34 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

It feels sorta 'UK' made for TV to me. 

Comparable to Line of Duty, Luther.. All kinda watchable, but I really don't get what all the fuss is about.

It's a step up from The Bill, but if you compare it to The Wire, The Sopranos, Gomorrah, True Detective... even Ray Donovan etc then its simply world's away. 

I think it is a case of "one mans poison". We all have our favourites and our dislikes.

Cobra I thought was interesting and thought provoking. Not the best script or acting, but certainly better than Ray Donovan (In my opinion) 

6 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Have never been a massive Trekkie and always felt The Next Generation was the dullest of its incarnations, but Picard has a good first episode (Amazon Prime). Set up some interesting ideas. They're doing one episode at a time, so no binging. 

I'd give that prize to DS9. I persevered with it for ages and then it apparently got really good just after I stopped watching.

I watched Picard last light & agree with you. I've also just started watching Discovery but Picard seems the more interesting premise.

1 hour ago, Van Wolfie said:

I'd give that prize to DS9. I persevered with it for ages and then it apparently got really good just after I stopped watching.

I watched Picard last light & agree with you. I've also just started watching Discovery but Picard seems the more interesting premise.

Absolutely right with DS9 which was such a ripoff of Babylon 5 (which was first pitched to the team that went on to make DS9). And meandered pointlessly until they suddenly adopted the great series spanning intergalactic conflict story arcs of Babylon 5 and went from zero to hero.

Been meaning to check out Discovery. 

1 hour ago, BriggRam said:

Currently watching Der Pass on sky catch-up..... set in the Austria- German alps about a serial killer.....English subtitles so not for everyone but I think it’s really good (so far)

Make sure you've watched it all by Friday midnight, it'll be replaced by re-runs of the Good Life afterwards.

On ‎28‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 09:41, Carl Sagan said:

Absolutely right with DS9 which was such a ripoff of Babylon 5 (which was first pitched to the team that went on to make DS9). And meandered pointlessly until they suddenly adopted the great series spanning intergalactic conflict story arcs of Babylon 5 and went from zero to hero.

Been meaning to check out Discovery. 

Discovery isn't great first few episodes but improves, still has that modern OTT action scene crap in it though. Standard yank scenes where it all comes together miraculously and everything pays off stuff.

I never really like DS9 that much but loved TNG. Voyager was great and I thought Enterprise was good but not as memorable. Picard seems like it could be good but EP1 seems like purely a set up episode so far.

Not TV but really enjoyed Derby Days on YouTube.. Really well done, great insight into some of the world greatest local Derbies.

Just watched 900 years of hate about the Lombardy Derby Atalanta v Brescia.. 

Not all about scraps off the pitch but a great insight into the cultural side.  

On 28/01/2020 at 20:55, reverendo de duivel said:

Make sure you've watched it all by Friday midnight, it'll be replaced by re-runs of the Good Life afterwards.

Just had a peak at the IMDB write up...

When a gruesomely staged body is found, propped up on a mountain pass in the Alps close to the German-Austrian border, two detectives are sent to investigate. 

Sounds like they might have taken a bit of inspiration from True Detective series one I reckon! 

On 18/01/2020 at 01:01, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Watched Season 1 of Sex Education the other week in anticipation of the release of Season 2 today. Let's just say that the opening scenes of Season 2 make me feel slightly better about Hillsborough. It's tough being a teenager.

Just on episode 7 of season 1. 

Definitely not the sort of programme I'd watch with my mum but it deals with some really deep issues. Would recommend it provided you've got a broad mind.