Watchable telly

dog

7 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Enjoyed The Stranger up until the last episode, then it seriously stretched believability, and ended up annoying me...

Loved how no one spotted her on top of the clubhouse. And how sad are the detective and her husband going to watch a rubbish kids footy match?

But presume you mean before that which I won't give away!

42 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Loved how no one spotted her on top of the clubhouse. And how sad are the detective and her husband going to watch a rubbish kids footy match?

But presume you mean before that which I won't give away!

Just annoyed me when A & B decided to do X to C, yet didn't explain it at all.  It's like the writers realised that it made zero sense so didn't even attempt to make it plausible.  Pretty much ruined a good show for me...

On 04/02/2020 at 18:31, Tamworthram said:

Watched the latest episode of Inside No. 9 last night - "The referee's a w****ker" last night. Very good and inspired me to start watching the whole thing right from the start. The second episode of series 1 "a quiet night in" really appealed to my dubious sense of humour.

Gave it a shot last night, terrific isn't it.

Probably going to binge watch it...

I tell ya what though whenever I see Steve Pemberton I can't not think of Benidorm

On 11/02/2020 at 13:04, ramsbottom said:

Enjoyed The Stranger up until the last episode, then it seriously stretched believability, and ended up annoying me...

Several people strongly recommended it, plus positive reviews on here... 

Watched 45mins and turned it off. Thought the whole thing was very hammy and naff. Lots of conversations that were played as 'natural' dialogue but just didn't feel real to me.

Could almost hear the ideas and how they looked written on paper...all felt very heavy handed and clunky to me. 

'To show contrast he then calls his wife who is relaxing in a hotel with a glass of wine... Cut to her lying on a bed. "oh yeh baby, are you OK cos its sooo hard being me, just f-ing relaxing here on a bed' (swearing makes it much more edgy).  Etc

Not for one second did I forget it was all acting. 

Weird how much I disliked it. 

On 20/01/2020 at 21:45, Mostyn6 said:

just started watching Justified on Amazon. Pretty good to be honest.

Just finished this, six seasons on Prime Video, I’ve got to say it was thoroughly enjoyable. Boyd Crowder is possibly my favourite character in TV! 

I highly recommend it. It’s not too complex that you need a break to digest what’s going on. Enjoy. 

i will now try to finish The Expanse. 

7 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Just finished this, six seasons on Prime Video, I’ve got to say it was thoroughly enjoyable. Boyd Crowder is possibly my favourite character in TV! 

I highly recommend it. It’s not too complex that you need a break to digest what’s going on. Enjoy. 

i will now try to finish The Expanse. 

Have you ever seen the Boyd Crowder actor in Sons of Anarchy? Walter Goggins I think his name is. Great actor.

1 hour ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Anyone else watching The Outsider? Wishing I hadn't started it as I'm so immature that I can't wait a week between episodes. Watched 1st three and am hooked so debating whether to drop it for now then binge watch it when all episodes are available ?

I never watch anything on schedule. Except Attenbrough docs. I wait until i know everything is finished if i can. 

3 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Anyone else watching The Outsider? Wishing I hadn't started it as I'm so immature that I can't wait a week between episodes. Watched 1st three and am hooked so debating whether to drop it for now then binge watch it when all episodes are available ?

Really enjoying it..... wasn't sure I would actually. 

Homes are very dimly lit in that part of the US it seems, 

On 15/01/2020 at 10:50, Angry Ram said:

Apologies if it has been raised before but I sat through Game Changers on Netflix last night. As someone who is a major carnivore and always poo poos anything remotely veggie or vegan, I have to say the bloody thing has me questioning now what I bung down my throat. Quite a compelling programme. Well worth a watch. 

Good read on it here.