Norwich City (H) Matchday thread

jono

21 minutes ago, Chellaston Ram said:

I thought we were sometimes playing a high press that’s why Adam’s played higher up the pitch 

But he’s not got any quality on the ball high up if we win it and if they beat our press you have Kenzo protecting the back four when we need him in the final 3rd.

I loathe Norwich so still angry. The people in front of us never make s single noise during match but stood up booing which says it all.

Some passing that was our downfall also - dont like to single people out but Osbourne, nyambe and NML very sloppy but certainly not just them. Jacob kicks today?

But Cashin take a bow - immense performance. Wish that shot had gone in. Also Kenzo blossoming and his work rate so good running back from corners etc. nice touch signing stuff before going down tunnel as must have been shattered. Thought nyambe off it today and Wilson showing what he offers when he came in. Subs generally good but CBT looked diff player. Will be exciting if he has his mojo back.

favourite childish moments cash hitting ball at their player very hard where it hurts! And the tackle where two of ours just went in together squashing one of theirs brutally in middle of them. Who was that Adams and ???

bad decisions spoilt a good match but their chanting about "yellows" is as expected considering av brain power of those i went to school with in norfolk. Totally puerile

2 hours ago, derbydaz22 said:

Can’t fault the effort today and cheated out of a point but can anyone explain why Adams is playing number 10 and Kenzo defensive mid? 

Yep, lost count of how many times in the first half Norwich slipped the ball between the lines into the space I’d expect Adams to occupy, and we were chasing. Thought Chirewa was excellent in and around the centre circle, and could probably play the “Ozoh” role  so that he or Ebou take it in turns to sit or join in attacks. Would allow Kenzo to stay more advanced and pulling the strings.

11 minutes ago, Walkley Ram said:

Can't believe we're still moaning about the lino. The rules are simple. The WHOLE OF THE BALL needs to end up in THE WHOLE OF THE STAND for it to count. Learn the rules.

Oh, so that’s that’s why he wanted to play on when Jacob hit the ball in to the car park .. cheers mate 🤪

Hope some lucky youngster found it and gives it a good home 🐏

39 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

I loathe Norwich so still angry. The people in front of us never make s single noise during match but stood up booing which says it all.

Some passing that was our downfall also - dont like to single people out but Osbourne, nyambe and NML very sloppy but certainly not just them. Jacob kicks today?

But Cashin take a bow - immense performance. Wish that shot had gone in. Also Kenzo blossoming and his work rate so good running back from corners etc. nice touch signing stuff before going down tunnel as must have been shattered. Thought nyambe off it today and Wilson showing what he offers when he came in. Subs generally good but CBT looked diff player. Will be exciting if he has his mojo back.

favourite childish moments cash hitting ball at their player very hard where it hurts! And the tackle where two of ours just went in together squashing one of theirs brutally in middle of them. Who was that Adams and ???

bad decisions spoilt a good match but their chanting about "yellows" is as expected considering av brain power of those i went to school with in norfolk. Totally puerile

I loved that as well. Think it was NML.

15 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Given that the ball went to the left of several Norwich defenders, I doubt it.

I think the interpretation is...player in front of the keepers eyeline and the ball, With as you say the ball going in a diagonal pathway away from the keeper I think it negates the offside 😬

But there maybe someone who's more into the rudiments of officialdom than myself 🤷‍♂️ 

But I do know if the ball goes out of play then it's a dead ball 👍

Edited by Ram-Alf