Come on Southampton

Posted (edited)

Fantastic news to see Southampton won. Let's hope Leeds have to sell some of there better players which makes them weaker next season. I thought we were bad in the play off's but there a lot worse. Best of luck to Southampton in The Premier League next season I think they will need it.

Edited by ziggyram59

Crikey, John 'Swimming trunks' McGrath. Had the looks of a prop forward in rugby league, and thighs like tree trunks. Was described by Bill Shankly as a 'pub footballer', if I recall correctly. The word 'robust' described his game perfectly.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Ram-Alf said:

Oh come on Elwood...image.png.43c2247b85093a08524b00a909b46783.png😁

I had forgotten about John McGrath.

Now there was a player to envy, he didn't even know the word bias; race, colour, religion it made no difference to him he still gave everyone a good kicking, you cant get fairer than that.

He wouldn't last  a full game these days 

He was a brute of a player, I write player in the loosest of terms as he wasn't much of a footballer but he had masted to art of foul play and took it a whole new to a new level. 

Edited by Elwood P Dowd

29 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Crikey, John 'Swimming trunks' McGrath. Had the looks of a prop forward in rugby league, and thighs like tree trunks. Was described by Bill Shankly as a 'pub footballer', if I recall correctly. The word 'robust' described his game perfectly.

He was an out and out THUG who was  built like a brick outhouse

52 minutes ago, GB SPORTS said:

Or

download (1).jpg

I'd liken Case to a "hard man" a loose term, McGrath was just a dirty player, He once said "when they outlawed the tackle from behind my game was finished"  

31 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Went with my Saints supporting son. 

The Leeds fans didn't even stay for the presentation.... That's just rude.

IMG_20240526_171252811.thumb.jpg.cbd63005570b92cf553dd1c72b2084c2.jpg

It’s no big deal and to be fair, I didn’t stop for either the QPR or Villa presentations. In the latter case though it was mainly because I didn’t want to share the train journey back to Tamworth with a load of celebrating Villa fans.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

It’s no big deal and to be fair, I didn’t stop for either the QPR or Villa presentations. In the latter case though it was mainly because I didn’t want to share the train journey back to Tamworth with a load of celebrating Villa fans.

'twas a joke. I would expect supporters of any and all teams to do exactly the same but I just wanted to have a go at Leeds....you see, I'm not overly fond of that club or its "fans".