Match Thread: Carlisle United (h)

Posted (edited)

Wow!

I make it 6,104 days since we last stepped onto a pitch as a newly promoted team. That's a fair old whack. The wait is over my fellow ovine botherers. We've gone through the last 10 games averaging 2.3 PPG and top of the form table and to my mind, it was never in doubt.

One for the fans after all the grinding misery of the last 3 years, one for our dearly departed, but never to be forgotten B4, one for Clowes who wagered a sizeable portion of the Clowes family net worth to save this wonderful club and one for Warne and his merry band of men.Ā 

COYR
B4 ON TOUR

Edited by Comrade 86
typos

1 minute ago, Comrade 86 said:

Wow!

I make it 6,104 days since we last stepped onto a pitch as a newly promoted team. That's a fair old whack. The wait is over my fellow ovine botherers. We've gone through the last 10 games averaging 2.3 PPG and top of the form table and to my mind, it was never in doubt.

One for the fans after all the grinding misery of the last 3 years, one for our dearly departed, but never to be forgotten B4, one for Clowes who wagered a sizeable portion of the Clowes family net worth to save this wonderful club and one for the Warne and his merry band of men.Ā 

COYR
B4 ON TOUR

May your matchday thread reign be long and prosperous next season!

7 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Feels like we can finally move on from all that trauma of the points deduction, the finances, the ruinĀ 

Back up and back to normal! šŸĀ 

I think the tramua is longer than that even. The Amigos, the hope wiped out by the 11 points season, the tough rebuild that peaked at Wembley vs QPR, the seasons of high expectations and expensive but dire transfers, cumulating in the times you mention.

Our first real on field achievement since the Stephen Pearson goal.

Edited by ariotofmyown

3 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Anyone else get the sense that after seeing that today max is regretting his move to Bristol just a tad?Ā 

I've been thinking that for a while.Ā  When he signed for Bristol City promotion seemed a long way off, but now we've achieved it - and I'll admit I don't know much about Bristol City, you can't imagine its a better place to train and play football than Derby.

Shame to see him go, great goal and standing ovation though.Ā  Once a Ram always a Ram 'n all that.

50 minutes ago, DB83 said:

Well done to Paul Warne and the team. Warne was brought in to get us out of League 1 and he has done so in his first full season, with our best ever points total, the best defence in the league, best goal difference in the league, a really great achievement!!

Forgot to add best away season ever as well šŸ˜