Dajaune Brown

Just now, plymouthram said:

Please Mr Warne, don't send him out on loan next season, save the club some money and put him in the 1st team squad.

I too think he should be in our Championship squad next season. However, I can understand a loan to L1 with a recall option, depending on who we can sign for the first team. At least it would give the club's staff some confidence in whether he could step up to the Championship for the 2nd half of the season.

39 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Played the full game so must have been suffering from a bit of fatigue?

Yes, he went down with cramp twice.

I watched the whole game and his interview, and him receiving his medal. All good stuff.

He said he thought he was a bit behind the crosses as if it was his fault they were way over his head.

He did miss one scorable chance but was under a lot of pressure from the beefy Solihull defenders.

He just has that awareness and touch that you can't train into someone. A future star if he keeps his feet on the ground.

1 hour ago, Crewton said:

Brown, an 18-year-old Derby loanee, is arguably the most exciting talent to play non-league football this season. As soon as August, he is expected to compete for Championship game time.

With his goal scoring success recently, I was surprised that he was 8th choice to take a penalty in the shoot out, But he was so calm when he did, unfortunately for my Moors lads.

His quality shone through in key brief moments during the game, great control and left foot inside pass for the first goal and excellent anticipation to be Jonny on the spot for a simple tap in for the second goal. Watching the replay on the big screen , although the cross was way over his head, he was already moving to get into position for the knock back, great instincts required by top strikers.

I'm looking forward to him getting some game time during pre season and hoping that he goes on from there.

11 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I too think he should be in our Championship squad next season. However, I can understand a loan to L1 with a recall option, depending on who we can sign for the first team. At least it would give the club's staff some confidence in whether he could step up to the Championship for the 2nd half of the season.

My thoughts exactly. He may well be able to make the step up to the championship but let’s not forget, he’s still only made about 20 appearances at senior level - the vast majority of those games being at non league level. Would we be wetting ourselves over any other young player with such a limited senior career if they weren’t already a Derby player?

If Warne, and the rest of the coaching staff that have seen him play and train think he’s ready then bring him in. But, if they’re not yet sure then a loan to a league 1 team (until the end of the year rather than a season long loan?) might be a more prudent way forward. As you say though, dependent on who else we are able to sign in the summer. 

A brilliant achievement.

I always think a good test for this is ‘would you sign a player from Gateshead who has just had his end to the season with one eye on getting him in the first team or would you be signing them to send them out on a loan at a top league 2/ league 1 club to gain experience?’ 

Don’t want to balls up his development by throwing him in too early. I guess pre season will give us a better idea. 

12 hours ago, angieram said:

Yes, he went down with cramp twice.

I watched the whole game and his interview, and him receiving his medal. All good stuff.

He said he thought he was a bit behind the crosses as if it was his fault they were way over his head.

He did miss one scorable chance but was under a lot of pressure from the beefy Solihull defenders.

He just has that awareness and touch that you can't train into someone. A future star if he keeps his feet on the ground.

The assist stood out for me. That first touch was absolute filth and the pass weighted to perfection. Not too many 18 year olds have that in their locker at any level. I do agree though, that expectations should be tempered a little, as Championship football is a whole different kettle of fish, as we all know and you'd also think we'll be looking to recruit in his position too, which could make things even tougher. Good problems at last though and for me, the upcoming pre-season looks like being the most interesting in years.