Dajaune Brown

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

PW has already said, it's in Daj's hands. he produces the goods pre season, he's in. If they think he's not quite ready, he'll go out on loan as part of his development.

I don't think that's what he said, I've read it somewhere though I can't remember his exact words.

18 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Don't you think that maybe the only test of Brown's ability is to play him at the level we're wanting him to play at. I do.

If PW et al, having seen him perform in pre season training/friendlies don't think he's quite ready, I'm quite happy to accept their opinion. If there's a slight doubt, give him some cameos in August. If the doubts are founded, it's out on loan.

On 17/05/2024 at 08:35, Shuff264 said:

I think he could have offered us something if we were still in League 1, but the Championship is probably too big a step

I agree. He developed but the team moved on a division. It’s a bit like The Chase, he will catch up fairly quickly but possibly not next season. Remember Studger was bang average, went on loan to Torquay and came back a totally different player.

5 hours ago, Matchday Fred said:

I agree. He developed but the team moved on a division. It’s a bit like The Chase, he will catch up fairly quickly but possibly not next season. Remember Studger was bang average, went on loan to Torquay and came back a totally different player.

Bit too soon to write him off yet, give him a preseason with Warne and his team and then decide, may already have come back as a totally different player after his Gateshead experience 🤷‍♂️

On 21/05/2024 at 03:31, BaianoPOTY98 said:
On 20/05/2024 at 21:47, Matchday Fred said:

Bit too soon to write him off yet, give him a preseason with Warne and his team and then decide, may already have come back as a totally different player after his Gateshead experience 🤷‍♂️

I recall an interview with Warne talking about Dajaune when he first went out on loan to Gateshead. He stated that; he will send staff to have him watched and maybe next season loan him out to a League Two club. I wonder now if that will happen, having made 22 appearances for Gateshead and scoring 10 goals and that record is even more remarkable when you consider is early appearances for that team were coming off the bench late in the 2nd half. He joined Gateshead on the 23rd January came off the bench in the 77th minute against Barnet (27th Jan) and continued to be a sub until the 9th March when he actually started a match. On top of his goal scoring he created goals for other players.

19 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

I recall an interview with Warne talking about Dajaune when he first went out on loan to Gateshead. He stated that; he will send staff to have him watched and maybe next season loan him out to a League Two club. I wonder now if that will happen, having made 22 appearances for Gateshead and scoring 10 goals and that record is even more remarkable when you consider is early appearances for that team were coming off the bench late in the 2nd half. He joined Gateshead on the 23rd January came off the bench in the 77th minute against Barnet (27th Jan) and continued to be a sub until the 9th March when he actually started a match. On top of his goal scoring he created goals for other players.

Yeah you’d hope Warne surely has a look at him in pre season training and a couple of the games! If thinks will benefit the first team then keep him here, if not then would imagine be loads of clubs wanting him in leagues one and two!

would hope he’d go to a better side in either division, gives you more opportunities to score goals which is what would help him.

maybe league two until Christmas, then league one rest of season