End of season celebrations.

17 minutes ago, Rev said:

I'd argue he took a reasonable decision in the circumstances, no shatting of pants, more acceptance of reality. 

I wouldn't be surprised if was prearranged to cut short time added on at the moment the most players possible could dash the tunnel, that's what Sibley inferred in his interview.

I was only joking, I get the reasons he did it. 

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

I'm not sure they did? 🤷‍♂️
Wasn't it more along the lines of "Please do not go on the pitch before the final whistle".

That's entirely different to your quote, and covers their arses when it comes to thousands breaking the law on their property!

Yes, it was inevitable.  No, there was nothing more the club could have done to avoid the invasion.  But that still does not make it right or acceptable.

... and as for the atmosphere once they were on the pitch... Embarrassingly non-existent, imo.
If we'd have partied like that back in the '80's, it would have been called a wake!  👀

Children sliding around on the hallowed turf, and grown-ups wandering aimlessly wondering "What happens now".  No "scenes".  Very little jumping around singing and cheering. No passion.  No emotion.  I repeat... embarrassing. 
To be fair, having a good overview of the proceedings from my seat, I suspect the majority were puffed out after all that exercise!  Looked like most of them had never been near a sports pitch before!  

It was fully expected of course (as a lot of anti-social/selfish behaviour is nowadays!), so it certainly didn't spoil my afternoon, but I still maintain a lap of honour by the players, management, and Mr Clowes... along with their nearest and dearest... would have been much more preferable... especially in front of 25k+ still in the stands.
But much of the stands were nigh on empty within 5 minutes of the final whistle.  When the (majority of the ) pitch invaders eventually left the pitch, they weren't miraculously full again, which would imply most had given up, and headed home.
Check out the numbers still there once the trophy was brought out.  It was like the raffle results at a village fete!  

Are you serious???

Ridiculous comment. Memories to last a lifetime for me and my boy on the pitch today. Much better than a lap of honour. Brilliant scenes, promotions are special and that was a special afternoon. Players on shoulders being carted off, 80 year olds on the pitch. Enjoy it. Lap it up. We’re back.  Up The Rams 🐏 

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Wasn't it more along the lines of "Please do not go on the pitch before the final whistle".

That's entirely different to your quote, and covers their arses when it comes to thousands breaking the law on their property!

Yes, it was inevitable.  No, there was nothing more the club could have done to avoid the invasion.  But that still does not make it right or acceptable.

... and as for the atmosphere once they were on the pitch... Embarrassingly non-existent, imo.
If we'd have partied like that back in the '80's, it would have been called a wake!  👀

Children sliding around on the hallowed turf, and grown-ups wandering aimlessly wondering "What happens now".  No "scenes".  Very little jumping around singing and cheering. No passion.  No emotion.  I repeat... embarrassing. 
To be fair, having a good overview of the proceedings from my seat, I suspect the majority were puffed out after all that exercise!  Looked like most of them had never been near a sports pitch before!  

It was fully expected of course (as a lot of anti-social/selfish behaviour is nowadays!), so it certainly didn't spoil my afternoon, but I still maintain a lap of honour by the players, management, and Mr Clowes... along with their nearest and dearest... would have been much more preferable... especially in front of 25k+ still in the stands.
But much of the stands were nigh on empty within 5 minutes of the final whistle.  When the (majority of the ) pitch invaders eventually left the pitch, they weren't miraculously full again, which would imply most had given up, and headed home.
Check out the numbers still there once the trophy was brought out.  It was like the raffle results at a village fete!  

I gave it 25 mins and then when i couldnt see the cup being given cause there were still fans on the pitch. blocking the view, gave it up as a bad job and went home,so well done to those who got a good view

Dunno what people are whinging about. The fans invading the pitch literally always happens for a promotion. We aren’t alone in doing that. 

fortunately only one tw4t went on before the full time whistle and our own fans got him off. 

It’d be lovely to see players and their kin celebrate. Hopefully they’ll do an event at pride park like when we went up in 07 for that. 

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Having scrolled through Instagram this afternoon/evening, seeing the pictures of Dad’s on the pitch with their sons and daughters, players being paraded around on fans shoulders, I don’t know.

They are pictures that won’t just live in digital format on phones, printed off, displayed around the house, memories that will last a lifetime.

The scenes of thousands on the pitch was far from being embarrassing, in fact the club are putting content out tonight of the fans on their social media channels, despite asking to stay off the pitch. Players are also sharing them as well.

Celebrating like that is not for everyone, I know, much like the stands themselves, some will prefer the safety of the West Stand, others the “limbs” of the South Stand.

Just think though, some of those kids, that could be the only time they get a chance to step on to the Pride Park pitch. Something many young kids could only dream of.

It’s a shame fans such as yourself didn’t get the opportunity to applaud a lap of honour as you wanted, think at this time it’s one of those where just be grateful you were there.

Many wouldn’t have been able attend for various reasons, I wasn’t able to even get down the pub as I’ve been throwing up and pissing out my arse since yesterday with what I can only assume to be that Norovirus kids love to share at school.

Having to watch from bed, without a touch of alcohol has been tough! 

17 minutes ago, Day said:

Having scrolled through Instagram this afternoon/evening, seeing the pictures of Dad’s on the pitch with their sons and daughters, players being paraded around on fans shoulders, I don’t know.

They are pictures that won’t just live in digital format on phones, printed off, displayed around the house, memories that will last a lifetime.

The scenes of thousands on the pitch was far from being embarrassing, in fact the club are putting content out tonight of the fans on their social media channels, despite asking to stay off the pitch. Players are also sharing them as well.

Celebrating like that is not for everyone, I know, much like the stands themselves, some will prefer the safety of the West Stand, others the “limbs” of the South Stand.

Just think though, some of those kids, that could be the only time they get a chance to step on to the Pride Park pitch. Something many young kids could only dream of.

It’s a shame fans such as yourself didn’t get the opportunity to applaud a lap of honour as you wanted, think at this time it’s one of those where just be grateful you were there.

Many wouldn’t have been able attend for various reasons, I wasn’t able to even get down the pub as I’ve been throwing up and pissing out my arse since yesterday with what I can only assume to be that Norovirus kids love to share at school.

Having to watch from bed, without a touch of alcohol has been tough! 

TMI

3 hours ago, oodledoodle said:

They said "please wait for the final whistle before going on the pitch". In my mind that's permission.

Exactly. The illuminated signage and warnings were presumably something to satisfy the league / authorities. Fascinating to see stewards posing for photos with fans . Not sure there will be the threatened  “bans” and police action 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Get well soon, @Day.

I thought the celebrations were terrific - such powerful emotions as I watched from above.

Didn't leave until after the trophy celebrations. 

Admittedly I couldn't see a lot of it, but you could just feel the passion - and relief. 

Well done, Derby County fans. 👏🏻 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

WE are Derby.

3 hours ago, Sheff Ram said:

Anyone slightly worried that me might be in trouble with EFL?

Ref blew whistle 2 minutes into injury time and everyone piled on the pitch, when the announced ET was 4 minutes.

I'm older than 4 minutes image.png.981dd0add4a7f7ff87b1fc29b54826a6.png

Having slept off lunchtime beer now, and awaiting delivery of a delicious curry, I hope everyone's having a great time.

As much as anything, it feels like this moment turns the page on a very difficult chapter in the club's history. The story now is about going forwards, not recovering from what Mel did as it's been for the last 2 seasons.

1 hour ago, Day said:

I've been sent a picture of my 14 year old Grandson with Eiran Cashin on the pitch, Now that's one to treasure 😊

image.png.5b5fad30fc3d993ff82b1bd7193b8d26.png

I must concede...

I wasn't aware (Due to my ageing eyesight and distance from the pitch) of players being in the thick of the "invasion" until I saw Eboooooo come grinning out of the throngs on the big screen.  That must have been at least 10 mins, so he clearly wasn't in a rush to get down the tunnel.  I've since seen video snippets of players sipping from cans, riding shoulders, and waving flanges... and all seemingly all enjoying their time out there.
For that alone, I take back some comments.  I concede I was wrong on those points.

As I witness very little social media, I miss out... through conscious choice, I hasten to add... on all the parent/kiddy stuff, all the look at us pics, all the insta-this and tweetex-that.
I'm a great believer that memories belong in one's head, not on a screen, a tablet... or even a photo album, come to that!

From a fan looking down from the stands, as I've posted earlier elsewhere, it did LOOK good.  Excellent in fact. 
But that was no party out there.  There was very little evidence... in real time... with real eyes and ears... of celebration, joy, or even pure unadulterated relief. 
I never once, for one solitary second, regretted staying at my seat, and wishing I was down there joining in "all the fun"!  There was nothing to tempt me down there.  Just folk ambling around, clearly not knowing what to do next!
Now I know that most folk on the pitch were busy concentrating on focusing their cameras and making sure their tweets got through the thick cloud, I understand why there was little in the way of chanting, of jumping up and down with glee, of actual olde-worlde unrehearsed celebration.
I repeat my words from earlier... a celebration of that ilk back in the eighties was reserved for a wake, not a football promotion party.  For someone who lived, thrived, and occasionally instigated proceedings throughout that era, then yes, by comparison, today's scenes were embarrassing.  They were tin-pot.  I know that, as I have memories.  I just don't have photographic and/or digital memories.  Just actual memories!

Hey, I appreciate times have changed.  I appreciate I am ageing rapidly every day.  I appreciate that folk out there were totally enjoying the experience... as was I... but to claim it was a fantastic atmosphere is phoney in my opinion, as I've witnessed fantastic atmosphere... and been at the heart of it... and today simply didn't compare.
Today, as a whole, was a great day, but I will maintain to my dying days that the after-match celebrations were nothing short of a let down.  They were certainly nothing special.  

And hear this... after the announcement/request to leave the pitch to allow the players to receive their trophy... that's right, a trophy... at least 50% of those leaving the pitch headed straight for the exits. 
Yes, I know, not one of you did.  I know all of you went straight back to the stands and stayed to the very end, but don't dare tell me that nobody headed for the exits... Remember, I had a birds eye view.  And no... I can't prove it, as I keep my phone tucked away in my pocket!
They had had their selfish time on the pitch.  They had had their pics, their tweets, and their instas.  They didn't give a s*** about the players, and their hard-earned trophy.  And for that alone, they can feckoff!