Match Thread: Cambridge United (a)

Well that was an awful performance, But who gives a sh!t we got 3 points, Unless something Catastrophic happens next week we're promoted.

Let the squad re build start...another 10 players at least who are able to control a ball and find our players, Sibley MOTM for the only highlight of the game...the ball to NML 😊

1 hour ago, lagavulinram said:

Pure toilet game

If you thought that was a tough watch, you should have been at the County Ground watching Leicestershire giving a proper mauling to Derbyshire with both bat and ball, AND having to read the negative stuff in this thread.

Cue "We had it tough" 4 Yorkshiremen sketch.

Well, I'm back after managing to watch the whole game in with the home fans, unlike many who were 'spotted' by the stewards and ejected from the ground. 

I thought that I'd blown it when NML scored, by throwing my arms in the air and very briefly jumping up and down. 

The six of us decided at half time to split up and it was every man for himself. Not much happened in the second half to give us away.

At least we were able to group together after the final whistle and join in the bounce.

Edited by ram59
Correcting autocorrect

Great result and effort today. I'll willingly admit I was nervous but it never really got dangerous. Sibs best today followed by Cashin, Bradley and Adams.

I am a bit worried about NML which I don't think is quite the same. Was a great goal today but he feels like he's playing half-injured? Hope he lasts one more game this season because we will need him. Wildsmith almost gave me a heart attack with his kicks but was good for the rest! COYR! One last performance please!

Very nervy today. Second half was an abomination but the three centre halves won and blocked everything. Thought Nelson was going to flatten Wildsmith at one point. He wasn’t on his own. 

Just watched the highlight - Sibley’s pass was exceptional, far better than I remembered. A really good goal. 

Great effort from all today - enjoyed the undercover Rams. Great 3 points. Let’s worry about not having any players for next season after next week. For now, 3 more points in the bag. One to go. 

COYR

🐏

3 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Well, I'm back after managing to watch the whole game in with the home fans, unlike many who were 'spotted' by the stewards and ejected from the ground. 

I thought that I'd blown it when NML scored, by throwing my arms in the air and very briefly jumping up and down. 

The six of us decided at half time to split up and it was every man for himself. Not much happened in the second half to give us away.

At least we were able to group together after the final whistle and join in the bounce.

I've only been in the 'home' end once in 57 years of going to away games - and that was at Highbury (The North Bank).

It was our first time visiting the ground (1969/70) and we asked Dibble which end the North Bank was, planning to go to the other end.

"Cheers" we said, promptly walking in the opposite direction and, yep, we ended up on the North Bank.  Of course, the scuffer thought we really wanted to try to 'take their end' (all 6 of us) so pointed out the other end.

Once inside, it took us all of 10 seconds to realise our little faux-pas (the 3,000 or so Gooners might have been some sort of a clue), and about 15 seconds to leap over the wall at the front, run the entire length of the pitch and make the sanctuary of the 'Scoreboard End'.

21 minutes ago, ram59 said:

My brother was in the Millwall main stand for the playoffs semi final at the New Den - he left after the second pitch invasion 😂😂😂 but saw our goals! 

The one time in the game that NML didn’t want the ball to feet and we scored…. Almost like he should be running in behind more often.

Players wanting the ball to feet now instead of running in behind is an epidemic that modern football coaching has created.

Well, that was an enjoyable day, thought I might end up in the row in front when we scored! The second half sure wasn't pretty, but at this point who gives a flying fig, we just need to get the job done. Shout out to Sonny and particularly Cash, who literally threw himself at the ball at times to defend the goal. One more point to go, COYR!

4 hours ago, Dai Capp said:

I'm not sure Peterborough would rest anyone against Bolton regardless of their midweek result - they'll be pushing for 3rd as a minimum for the playoff advantages it brings...

COYR - let's do the job ourselves though, let the rest sort the playoffs out between themselves

Looking at Barnsley's form in 5th there's probably more of an advantage finishing 4th than 3rd. 

I don't think it will matter regardless but will Ferguson rest players if they still have a mathematical chance but not really a realistic one say needing a 7 goal swing?

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

Where were you? They were 5 of us (2 of them kids) in South Habbin stand with another 50 or 60 Derby. Most of us celebrated when we scored and chanted throughout the game. 4 got thrown out at half time. No idea why as the stewards didn't bother any of us.

Anyway,great at the end and nice that most the players applauded that particular corner of the ground.