Match Thread: Wycombe (a)

9 minutes ago, Jortat said:

Bolton won’t get maximum points from their remaining games . Neither will PBoro .

Tonight was predictably poor against one of our favourite foes in this Division but the fun will run to the final Saturday.

Embrace the ride and here’s to nicking promotion on the final day . 🐏

Posh and Bolton may not get maximum points as you say but are you assuming Derby will? Any one of the 3 can now take the second automatic spot so it’s going to be who gets the luck, refs decisions or has the bottle to win the games remaining. You pays your money and you takes your choice. 🙂

18 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Agree with the first part in every way but that is on the players

its not warnes fault cbt can miss from a yard, or that our main man nml has a stinker and cant hit the target when clean through, or washington an experienced centre forward kept getting caught offside.
the players have performed much better in terms of doing the basics before a lot had an off day and  played well below par 

sibley and wilson were ducking terrible with the ball tonight… thats not on the gaffer thats about individuals taking responsibility

You keep going on about our two makeshift fullbacks like it's all their fault. 😄 

Sibley had a decent game in defence and set up one of our early chances but don't count cos you don't rate him. 😄

It's Warne's fault, he picks the team and sets them up. Who tells them to take half a minute for every throw-in? Didn't see any tv shots of Warne shouting at them to get on with it. We had plenty of subs but when they were bought on didn't give them time to settle. Waggy should have been on sooner, etc etc...

Leicester lost to Millwall!!! Leeds had opportunity drew with Sunderland. Ipswich drew with Watford!! All games they “should” win. As Ed Dawes is just saying it wasn’t plain sailing in 95/96. It never goes to plan. 
Players not on it tonight but no lack of effort. Man management is just as important here as tactics. We’ve probably got to win 3 games, just need to get into last game with it in our own hands. 

Just got back from a very long and emotional day... not bothering to catch up on the finer details on here, but a quick check of the page number alone kind of hinted towards a negative aspect to the result...  now confirmed after an equally quick check of the beeb results page.
I'm guessing it's been an equally long and emotional evening for you all.  

Fingers crossed for a positive Saturday to come... we simply need to "Go again".

🐏

There is definitely a feeling that we took four points from Bolton and Portsmouth and thought the hard work was done.

Tonight was summed up by NML getting the ball out on the right and just wearily putting it out of play.

Of course we can still do it. 90-92 points has to be the target. But do we have any gas left in the tank? It’s a big concern.

15 minutes ago, TheTinMan said:

I don't think Bolton are the dangers now or won't be unless they beat Pompey. But we've let Peterborough in and they have got their tails up big time following their day at Wembley. Their fixtures prior to that last game you'd be surprised if they were dropping any points which means we're going to the last day one way or another. 

Oxford away on Saturday for P’Boro is tough. They also have a lot of games over a short period. I’d be surprised if they don’t drop points. If they don’t, and beat Bolton, fair play to them. They’ll deserve it.

We must win the next 3. Pressures on.

2nd half was awful today. No control, poor decision making and composure. We were lucky not to concede in the end. I have no issues with the subs or starting 11. Individuals were off it. CBT and NML were awful. Washington was his usual self, Collins no service and looked unfit. We’ve let others back in it again. 

End of the day I still think one of Bolton and Peterborough will have to win all of their remaining games to go up. Bolton perhaps 3/4 but they have two games in there which are about as tough as it gets.

Both have really really tough games on Saturday. One way or another things will look very different at 5pm on Saturday. 

Just now, Jourdan said:

There is definitely a feeling that we took four points from Bolton and Portsmouth and thought the hard work was done.

Tonight was summed up by NML getting the ball out on the right and just wearily putting it out of play.

Of course we can still do it. 90-92 points has to be the target. But do we have any gas left in the tank? It’s a big concern.

Did Warne have to play Nat for every minute of every game...

I didn’t see anything of the game so can’t comment on performance.

But a point isn’t a bad result at all.

No way do Posh and Bolton win all their remaining games (stating the obvious as they play each other) but neither will claim maximum points.

3 wins from the next 3 and we will go up in 2nd place. 

Point gained against a side that you will never get a decent game of football against - that said Warne’s sides rarely play a decent game of football either.

No shots on target suggest we could do with having a better way of playing despite the limitations of some of our players.

Whats our leader going to serve up at home on Saturday 5 at the back ? As we haven’t exactly done much with the football at home all season.

The other thing with Sibley is he's not a LB. But what happened to the LB Warne put all his hopes and dreams into? I'm not talking about Fozzy here either we shouldn't be relying on Fozzy at his age in this system at LB. Callum bloody Elder was another bad signing in my book along with Wash and Bradley etc 

2 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Expect changes on Saturday. Warne says “Some of our lads look jaded “. 

CBT has hardly done anything in four months so how is he jaded. Same for Washington, Waghorn et al. NML certainly but the other players who would reasonably have an excuse for looking jaded - Cashin and Nelson - weren’t the problem. The rest haven’t exactly been playing every match have they. They’ve just had a week off! Jaded my arse. Mentally fragile perhaps. The way CBT disappeared after his miss is a bit of a worry for me.

Anyway. Plenty to play for and players slowly coming back from injury. Chin up everybody. It was s**** but we have been s**** all season really. 

COYR

4 minutes ago, abertawe_ram said:

I was only a nipper in the 90s when we got promoted, so dont really remember a lot of the details.

What I wonder is, did everyone cry and s*** themselves like a bunch of babies quite this much every time we dropped points back then? Before Van der Laan popped up with his glorious header to clinch second for us? 

Perhaps not like babies but every promotion means a great deal, I don’t see much difference in our challenge, and the fans response, in this season to any other season.

The most despondent I have ever felt about a Derby County result was walking away from Wembley after our defeat by Leicester in the playoff final 😩😩

15 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Which was exactly my comment 

No your comment was to have a pop at people making negative comments. The only reason I mentioned the bit you quoted was to make the point that I didn’t expect us to go 12 points out of 12 so it isn’t a knee jerk reaction to drawing. 

That performance (second half) is up there with the worst of the season. We were a million times better against Northampton than we were in the second half tonight. 

9 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Hands up who thought we should be beating teams like Wycombe away

Hands up who thought we would beat Wycombe away.

Therein lines the problem. 

We should be putting in a better performance than that. When we had Gayle we went to various phases of play. Playing it through the midfield and outside. We’ve now gone to everything going out wide again.