Match Thread: Wycombe (a)

Once it’s not working for the wide men, we just don’t know how to change the play to go through the middle. We carry on doing the same patterns over and over. I think Warne doesn’t want touches in midfield in case we lose the ball and it’s 2 v 3. The job of Smith and Adams is to scrap for it and move it wide and not much else. The ball rarely got to Collins from midfield if at all. So predictable. Got to about 65 mins and I just thought we were never gonna score. 

3 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Hes a winger playing in L1. He’s not going to be consistent.

I understand that completely, but it was almost like he’d gone full circle to the kind of performance he put in v Exeter away.

Very worrying.

12 minutes ago, Gary Teale said:

No goals in 10 and not producing at the moment, he has been woeful the last few games, yet been our attacking spark all season. 
I wouldn’t have a clue if to play him or drop him 

I can’t tell if he’s struggling with that hamstring or if he’s trying too hard. Maybe both.

What was he doing when he just needed to knock it down the right-wing and cross but instead cut inside and shot on his weak foot? 

The attempted diagonal that went behind Wilson and gave them a throw? 

He’s not beating players either. 

3 minutes ago, Sean said:

That game turned out exactly how I thought it would and yet everyone on here is stunned. Wycombe are horrible to play against. CBT should have scored but I still think we can do enough in the last three games.

I agree!

Subject closed as it’s as boring as the match tonight IMHO

6 minutes ago, HorsforthRam said:

Once it’s not working for the wide men, we just don’t know how to change the play to go through the middle. We carry on doing the same patterns over and over. I think Warne doesn’t want touches in midfield in case we lose the ball and it’s 2 v 3. The job of Smith and Adams is to scrap for it and move it wide and not much else. The ball rarely got to Collins from midfield if at all. So predictable. Got to about 65 mins and I just thought we were never gonna score. 

Agree with this then by the time we've got it out wide they've doubled up on the winger and we can't do much with it anyway. 433 with a CAM and leave Collins further forward would've been a much better set up.

58 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You keep going on about our two makeshift fullbacks like it's all their fault. 😄 

Sibley had a decent game in defence and set up one of our early chances but don't count cos you don't rate him. 😄

It's Warne's fault, he picks the team and sets them up. Who tells them to take half a minute for every throw-in? Didn't see any tv shots of Warne shouting at them to get on with it. We had plenty of subs but when they were bought on didn't give them time to settle. Waggy should have been on sooner, etc etc...

They are two makeshift full backs

Sorry prior to this season when we how many times had sibley played left back in his life? Oh right never.. thats makeshift roy cmon man i know its late n all that lol 

and no i dont rate sibley. 

allowing for the fact that hes not a full back by trade .. his control was lets say loose and his passing was indifferent , i could forgive him for getting roasted or wrong side of his man… aka pompy away.. cos its not his position(see makeshift) but his touch and passing were decidedly poor again more so given that hes player who many here seem to think is a technical player who can create.. passing and touch is a basic for that sort of player no matter where they play 

u could put george thorne at full back , yes hed get roasted but u can bet he could still pass and control the ball effectively 

Edited by NottsRam77

17 minutes ago, Sean said:

That game turned out exactly how I thought it would and yet everyone on here is stunned. Wycombe are horrible to play against. CBT should have scored but I still think we can do enough in the last three games.

Stop talking sense pal 

57 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The second bit "There was a distinct lack of control and composure." But what urgency was there at throw-ins or freekicks, we looked like we were holding on for a point, timewasting.

Hourihane was taking a free kick and Wildsmith ambled towards him like a tortoise and Hourihane ushered him back to goal.  A whole minute nearly.  At that point my eyeballs began to bleed.

3 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Hourihane was taking a free kick and Wildsmith ambled towards him like a tortoise and Hourihane ushered him back to goal.  A whole minute nearly.  At that point my eyeballs began to bleed.

👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Urgency and tempo 🤣🤣🤣🤣 

24 minutes ago, HorsforthRam said:

Its not so much we don’t know how to play through the middle, it is more that the players are not allowed to.

54 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

NML can always make something happen and he has been our best attacking player this season, so in Warne’s eyes, almost definitely.

He is as important to us this year as McGoldrick was last year.

The fact that McGoldrick played in the same team as him would indicate that his all round game is inferior then.  He was pants last year without Knight to do his running for him.  His performance as a supposed talisman tonight was nauseatingly poor.  If he's not fit enough or consistent enough to perform for more than 20 games a season in a dreadful league then we need to upgrade. 

We had the chances to win that, gave them very little, 3 games left, I still believe we will get over the line, there will be twists and turns like there has been before, lets all keep the faith, and get behind the lads on saturday, lets get the win, and see where we are come 17.05 on saturday. 

Also thought Adams was excellent again tonight. 

Once A Ram Always A Ram. 

57 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Its not so much we don’t know how to play through the middle, it is more that the players are not allowed to.

I'm not going to go on about the management team not learning but after 15 minutes it was obvious we had a hole in midfield. If I can see it these that earn the money should. Period.

Even if you get it wrong it's soon correctable but never until 60 minutes...it just pains me.

Crass, naive, stupididity. Not because of, in spite of.

Sorry - I keep trying to support this crew but it's my pension that has paid for next years ticket. Every big event they let me down. That includes Portsmouth too.

Just got home after the M40 and M42 were closed. It’s been a long trip for a very disappointing performance and result. No question, we have to win the remaining games.

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

NML has been gradually ground down over the season. Same happened last season. And yet we expect miracles from him 

The first season when he was getting used to the PW style of play I can understand. But after a full pre-season he should surely be fully fit now and able to complete a full season .

Edited by CapeTownRams
Rethink