Sonny Bradley

I really wanted to like the guy because I'd heard so many good things about him but let's be honest, he's had maybe two good games since joining us and in the rest he's been poor at best.

He's huge, but he barely wins headers. He's muscled off the ball by any striker with physicality. He's got a bit of vision for a pass, but has made so many horrendous mistakes on the ball that you just can't trust him. 

If he, the marquee signing brought in to be a leader, has intentionally headbutted a guy during the most important run of games in the season, then he should never play for us again. A few players have built up a bit of good will and can be excused for emotional outbursts, but he's not one of them. It's beyond disgraceful.

5 hours ago, Crewton said:

It wasn't only Warne who thought he'd be a great signing

AmbitiousBradley2.thumb.png.dd0431054266a229983b204b63b094b1.png

At the same time, I’m not employed by the club in a full time role to vet players before they’re signed on million pound deals. I have access to the website, look at a players CV and make a judgment. Up until this season, to my knowledge, I had never seen Bradley play a 90 minute game. I’d hope there was more to it than that for actual decision-makers of the club. 

7 hours ago, Blondest Goat said:

Oh god.  The inevitable sanctimonious pile-on.  And here's me thinking this forum couldn't get any more tedious.

It’s absolutely fair to criticise an experienced head for getting an avoidable suspension, in the middle of a crucial promotion run-in with minimal cover.

I suppose where the line is drawn between what’s fair criticism and what’s a sanctimonious pile on is subjective. 

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

3 hours ago, Ilkestonian said:

Sorry, can't agree, you'll be saying he's worse than Mick Coop next 😂

Davis was playing against Torres, Anelka, Rooney, etc. 

Bradley is playing against Sam Hoskins, Ethan Chislett, Kane Hemings, etc.

It’s fair to say that Bradley hasn’t had as good of a career as ‘Clod’ who was just completely out of his depth, playing in a terrible team against elite strikers most weeks. 

Another player that can’t cope with the level of expectation that comes with playing for the Rams - needs to restrict himself to playing for small clubs like Luton….

Edited by Gaspode

He’s been disappointing. Shame as I thought he’d be a calm head and we’d benefit from his experience. It’s not worked out and hopefully he’ll get a move at the end of the season.

Bonus, we might go back to a four at the back…….. for now

Very easy to come here and sneer about people overreacting and piling onto players but people are genuinely angry with Bradley for his stupid antics and let's be fair, Warne probably is too.

Irresponsible behaviour from a player so senior and yet so juvenile at the same time.

This is the bloke that wanted to walk into the club and be captain right?

What makes it worse for me is I'm fairly certain Paul Warne said something along the lines of "Sonny doesn't want to be playing league one football, he wants to be in the championship."

Could you really see him playing championship football next season? He's got to be one of the worst technical footballers I've seen for a long time. At least the likes of Darren Moore and Curtis Davies would always win headers. I'd stick with Nelson and Cash for the foreseeable.

He made a mistake, he’s only human. 

Is it his fault that Rooney, Nyambe Forsyth are injured? Is it his fault that Ward and Wilson look shakey at right back? 

He should know better and it has left us in a bit of a pickle. But as others have alluded to, he’s hardly been prime Maldini. 

Not too long ago if he’d have got a 3 match ban nobody would’ve batted an eye lid. 

Ultimately we’re better off with him available, especially with our injury problems. He probably hasn’t earnt his corn and he made a mistake. But he won’t be the first or the last. 

He may come back for Leyton Orient and help us win our last 3.

13 hours ago, Blondest Goat said:

Oh god.  The inevitable sanctimonious pile-on.  And here's me thinking this forum couldn't get any more tedious.

sanc·ti·mo·ni·ous

derogatory

making a show of being morally superior to other people:

I doubt the above very much.

Posters have an opinion of a footballer a mature footballer at that, That for one reason or another lost his senses for a few seconds, He'll miss 3 games because of this.

What should supporters do, Say or post?...nothing? oh that was a silly thing to do?, I'd have done the same? or just stick it to him for the stupid thing he did?

I've no crystal ball but losing a player from his own stupidity when we're down to the bare bones for defenders and close to opening those bones to the marrow could and I say could as it's a possibility DCFC missing out on promotion and the circa £8m that could be banked.

Waghorn and Adams missed a couple of sitters that could have cost us those 3 points...but they are still available to be picked Bradley isn't...let that sink in for a moment.

Your response to the above would be something like...he knows he was wrong, He feels bad about it, He's let himself down the supporters and club down.

PWs response would be similar to the "Pile On" I guess as described by some posters...but that's only a guess, They'll be no Mug or a picture on the Why Wall...or will there 😉 Bradley will be fined if there's no proof of his innocence, Some players will have the same feelings of said posters...and for my five Penarth worth it was a crass/stupid thing to do that could have a huge impact this season.

This "Pile On" will be a Mole Hill compared the the Mountain of vitriol that will be spewed if we fail. 

Football is a fickle game. Made a mistake and will pay for it with a ban. But he still has value to us.

When he comes on as sub against Carlisle to nod in the winner that sends us up, everyone will be singing his name. 

Edited by VulcanRam
(Insert Cambridge instead!!)

The good thing about this is there seems no way we can play a back 3 against Blackpool, Pompey or Wycombe. The only problem is, who plays right back? Ward? Wilson? Smith? How close is Rooney to a return? Tother side, do we start Elder or Sibs?

22 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

The good thing about this is there seems no way we can play a back 3 against Blackpool, Pompey or Wycombe. The only problem is, who plays right back? Ward? Wilson? Smith? How close is Rooney to a return? Tother side, do we start Elder or Sibs?

That’s the million dollar question. 

Personally anyone but Ward for right back. Think Wilson would be my preferred choice purely because Smith at right back increases the chances of Hourihane starting.

Left back may have to be Elder. Means Sibley can assist us in the final third seeing as we were short in that area.