Sonny Bradley

DET says:

"Bradley relying on video to stop him being hit in the pocket

...A terrible day at the office was epitomised by the red card that Sonny Bradley picked up in stoppage time and he really can have no complaints. Warne said afterward that the centre-back had protested his innocence, but he is now staring at a three-match ban at a critical time of the season.

Unless there is strong video evidence that can categorically show he didn't aim a headbutt at Manny Monthe, then he will be missing a key part of the run-in. He won't be able to face Blackpool, Portsmouth or Wycombe, three critical fixtures that are the hardest of the last six games of the campaign.

It was a needless, stupid and reckless altercation which served absolutely no purpose other than to help Northampton secure all three points. And it now has major ramifications for the team given Warne is now likely to have to switch from a three at the back given there are no other fit centre-backs available.

Warne said he will review the incident because he had not seen it again before he came out to do his post-match duties. But if it does turn out that Bradley has no defence, then Warne said a fine will be coming his way. The first thing Bradley should do is apologise to his team-mates. Yes, it's an emotionally charged game, yes there was a lot at stake, but he's let himself down at a time when Derby are virtually down to bare bones as it is."

This the sort of ‘right character’ Warne insisted we needed at the club. 

A marquee summer signing that’s struggled to hold down a place, been more detrimental than positive when he has played and is in all likelihood probably the highest paid defender in the league. 

A true leader knowing we’re down to our last three centre backs, in a huge promotion run-in, slaps his daft head on another player because of his own inadequacies. Any chance we can get out from under his contract his summer needs to be explored.

23 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

This the sort of ‘right character’ Warne insisted we needed at the club. 

A marquee summer signing that’s struggled to hold down a place, been more detrimental than positive when he has played and is in all likelihood probably the highest paid defender in the league. 

A true leader knowing we’re down to our last three centre backs, in a huge promotion run-in, slaps his daft head on another player because of his own inadequacies. Any chance we can get out from under his contract his summer needs to be explored.

It wasn't only Warne who thought he'd be a great signing

AmbitiousBradley2.thumb.png.dd0431054266a229983b204b63b094b1.png

1 hour ago, TheTinMan said:

He's been a very poor signing if we're being kind 

Seems to almost instantly turn fans against him any time he builds up some good will!

he didn’t seem very convinced of his innocence yesterday, was walking off before ref even got to him. 

Fozzy is ahead of him now if we play a three, if we go back to a two he should be nowhere near the side. Would be happy not seeing him play for us again being honest.

3 hours ago, Terry Hennessy said:

Did anybody actually see the incident that led to his red card ???

I'm not positive about this but just before the corner was taken that led to the incident I saw a Derby player go to ground at the far post (Bradley I think but I could be wrong) I then saw a Northampton player go to ground at the near post and half expected the ref to stop the corner and have a word with all concerned as usual - he didn't and what then happened happened - next thing was the scuffle and the red card - I didn't see who did what but Bradley was walking off before the ref showed him the card so he must've thought he'd done something worthy of a sending off to start walking and maybe if he had been thrown/knocked to the ground, maybe the red mist just descended - no excuses for him though if he did do it, a seasoned professional like him should know better. I hope some video evidence comes to light to show us what actually happened, I'd be really interested to see it.

I want to like him and think he’s done better of late but there is no excuse for this if he did it - perhaps we should have gone for Aiden Flint instead 😂😂😂

It might help us out , having to change formation might help confuse the opposition who can read us like a book at the moment, pass it wide and cross it to Collo and Gayle who aren’t even on the pitch….

1 minute ago, jimtastic56 said:

I was sat in the car listening to radio Derby before attending the Bolton home game and Dominic said that “ Sonny Bradley has been our Rock all season”.  Just shows how opinions can differ. 

Perhaps someone better tell him Sonny Bradley is old and white? 😄

3 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

I was sat in the car listening to radio Derby before attending the Bolton home game and Dominic said that “ Sonny Bradley has been our Rock all season”.  Just shows how opinions can differ. 

Rock? He hasn't got 'Blackpool' running through, it's 'Mistake'