Sonny Bradley

27 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

That’s the million dollar question. 

Personally anyone but Ward for right back. Think Wilson would be my preferred choice purely because Smith at right back increases the chances of Hourihane starting.

Left back may have to be Elder. Means Sibley can assist us in the final third seeing as we were short in that area.

With Bird not ready, Adams apparently injured, whatever happened to Fornah, Hourihane looks nailed on to start.

16 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

With Bird not ready, Adams apparently injured, whatever happened to Fornah, Hourihane looks nailed on to start.

Adams is injured? Missed that bit of news ffs.

6 minutes ago, Srg said:

I'd pick Fornah with a broken back over Hourihane.

Hourihane is one of the few in the squad that organises the team and gets any real style of play from them. That's why he keeps getting picked imo. And Fornah is not much other than a bit of running around.

Edited by RoyMac5

47 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

That’s the million dollar question. 

Personally anyone but Ward for right back. Think Wilson would be my preferred choice purely because Smith at right back increases the chances of Hourihane starting.

Left back may have to be Elder. Means Sibley can assist us in the final third seeing as we were short in that area.

Wildsmith 

Ward Nelson Cashin Elder 

Wilson Smith Adams CBT 

Hourihane

Washington 

Assumes Fozzy NML Barks are still injured. 

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Hourihane is one of the few in the squad that organises the team and gets any real style of play from them. That's why he keeps getting picked imo. And Fornah is not much other than a bit of running around.

Organises what? Bad performances and a swiss cheese midfield? Whatever attributes he still has is not worth it for how invisible he is. 

6 minutes ago, Srg said:

Organises what? Bad performances and a swiss cheese midfield? Whatever attributes he still has is not worth it for how invisible he is. 

The one thing I’ll say re:Hourihane is that it did surprise me to see him get so much flack for a performance where I thought he was one of our more ok players, compared to Adams and NML who I thought kept losing the ball in key positions. Or say someone like Wilson who put in a lot of crosses but a lot fell to the heads of their defenders. It may have been an issue with how they were set up. Waghorn kept coming deep, NML was too central at times and in Thompsons space etc, which probably comes with having to play an unsettled side due to injuries. 

I get the Hourihane criticisms and given out enough of them over the last two seasons, but I didn’t think after Saturday he quite deserves the criticism he got over a few others.

To think, I clicked on this to see if there was a video of Bradley’s incident!

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

You'd pick Fornah over Hourihane? 

Did I say that? Merely pointing out that the current injury situation plus "whatever happened to Fornah" means the skipper is nailed on to start.

2 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Did I say that? Merely pointing out that the current injury situation plus "whatever happened to Fornah" means the skipper is nailed on to start.

I thought Fornah was injured (his back).

Edited by RoyMac5

I'm assuming he's going to reset his target of being part of 7 clean sheets by the end of the season now he's not playing.  He talks a lot but theirs little substance behind it.  In another world he's that bloke who comes into work twice a year talking about targets with no clue as too the work required to achieve it.

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I thought Fornah was injured (his back).

Not seen anything to explain why he's not been around the team. I might have missed it. That's why I wrote "whatever happened to...." as I don't know if he's injured or simply out of favour.

4 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Not seen anything to explain why he's not been around the team. I might have missed it. That's why I wrote "whatever happened to...." as I don't know if he's injured or simply out of favour.

Warne definitely said he had a back issue, but this was a few weeks ago now. He hadn't really been involved even when on the bench before that anyway like.

6 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I'm assuming he's going to reset his target of being part of 7 clean sheets by the end of the season now he's not playing.  He talks a lot but theirs little substance behind it.  In another world he's that bloke who comes into work twice a year talking about targets with no clue as too the work required to achieve it.

I think if he was honest Bradley would admit this hasn’t been a great move for him. Passed over for Skipper, horrible early season performances that didn’t endear him to the faithful. Finally got going without ever looking 100% at home and then turns in a performance on Saturday akin to his debut, with the added bonus of an impetuous reaction that sees the loss of another body in our time of need. Wonder if we’ll be brave enough/have deep enough pockets to take the hit and pay him off in Summer? 

Edited by DiggerB

Warne said: "Sonny said, 'He (Monthe) was in my face and he pulled me down' and that he didn't do anything.

"I have to believe and trust my player until I see anything different. It's disappointing because it magnifies the poor day at the office we had. Six games left and you are missing three of those, so it's a massive blow. He was pretty confident he hadn't done anything wrong. I could see the lads all getting frustrated, and when it is like that you can't touch anyone.

"It's all right for us because we're on the side of the pitch, but the adrenaline is pumping as a player, your heart is going at 180bpm and you want to score a goal. It's easy to say don't get emotional, but it's difficult."