Sonny Bradley

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Warne said: "Sonny said, 'He (Monthe) was in my face and he pulled me down' and that he didn't do anything.

"I have to believe and trust my player until I see anything different. It's disappointing because it magnifies the poor day at the office we had. Six games left and you are missing three of those, so it's a massive blow. He was pretty confident he hadn't done anything wrong. I could see the lads all getting frustrated, and when it is like that you can't touch anyone.

"It's all right for us because we're on the side of the pitch, but the adrenaline is pumping as a player, your heart is going at 180bpm and you want to score a goal. It's easy to say don't get emotional, but it's difficult."

There is a couple of posters on here that DID see the incident and have posted to say so, Were they mistaken in the blood thirsty melee and only saw WHAT they thought they saw as their heart rate was going at 180bpm, Or is there someone out there that is grasping at straws 😉

48 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Warne said: "Sonny said, 'He (Monthe) was in my face and he pulled me down' and that he didn't do anything.

"I have to believe and trust my player until I see anything different. It's disappointing because it magnifies the poor day at the office we had. Six games left and you are missing three of those, so it's a massive blow. He was pretty confident he hadn't done anything wrong. I could see the lads all getting frustrated, and when it is like that you can't touch anyone.

"It's all right for us because we're on the side of the pitch, but the adrenaline is pumping as a player, your heart is going at 180bpm and you want to score a goal. It's easy to say don't get emotional, but it's difficult."

If that is genuine then we need to appeal. If not, he goes down further in my estimation.

7 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I'm assuming he's going to reset his target of being part of 7 clean sheets by the end of the season now he's not playing.  He talks a lot but theirs little substance behind it.  In another world he's that bloke who comes into work twice a year talking about targets with no clue as too the work required to achieve it.

theirs?

I was on the front row and the incident was right in front of me. Both players were forehead to forehead then Bradley sort of made a much more forceful movement forward. Definitely a red card however their player should have been booked. He also threw himself to the floor clutching his face and then as soon as red card came out he got up. That’s what I seem to recall of the incident 

13 hours ago, MadAmster said:

The good thing about this is there seems no way we can play a back 3 against Blackpool, Pompey or Wycombe. The only problem is, who plays right back? Ward? Wilson? Smith? How close is Rooney to a return? Tother side, do we start Elder or Sibs?

Smith, please. IIRC he played there during our good run last season when Warne was forced to go to a back 4. 

12 hours ago, sage said:

If that is genuine then we need to appeal. If not, he goes down further in my estimation.

I said on the matchday thread that Bradley went to ground immediately before the incident. I think that part of the statement is true.

It's what he did afterwards that is the question but fans at a different angle to me saw contact, so it must have happened in retaliation. 

35 minutes ago, angieram said:

I said on the matchday thread that Bradley went to ground immediately before the incident. I think that part of the statement is true.

It's what he did afterwards that is the question but fans at a different angle to me saw contact, so it must have happened in retaliation. 

But we've seen him 'go to ground' in the opposition box before, there's a picture on a thread somewhere of him wrestling with a player and they fall over. Who starts it who finishes it? 

Bradley fell over I bet he was doing some awful attempt at s**thousing. He's just all round poor.

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

But we've seen him 'go to ground' in the opposition box before, there's a picture on a thread somewhere of him wrestling with a player and they fall over. Who starts it who finishes it? 

Bradley fell over I bet he was doing some awful attempt at s**thousing. He's just all round poor.

Given that Cashin was wrestled to the ground in that same incident (a clear foul which got lost in the histrionics by the Northampton players), I bet exactly the same thing happened to Bradley. No wonder Monthe was smirking.

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Were you there watching? No, so you're just guessing. 

As @Crewton said, there was a lot of holding onto our players all through the game which the referee was ignoring. I did see that. 

Doesn't forgive what follows. 

12 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

Smith, please. IIRC he played there during our good run last season when Warne was forced to go to a back 4. 

Only one slight issue with that, Dave... Smith at RB would almost certainly mean Hourihane starting...

56 minutes ago, angieram said:

As @Crewton said, there was a lot of holding onto our players all through the game which the referee was ignoring. I did see that. 

Was I watching - yes I was. And the replays on RamsTV.

No surprise there was lots of holding going on, that is Bradley's M.O. As I said 'who started it and who finished it'?

Edited by RoyMac5

59 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Given that Cashin was wrestled to the ground in that same incident (a clear foul which got lost in the histrionics by the Northampton players), I bet exactly the same thing happened to Bradley. No wonder Monthe was smirking.

Bloody hell he must have given Big Daddy lessons! Lucky then that Cashin wasn't as stupid as Bradley.

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Bloody hell he must have given Big Daddy lessons! Lucky then that Cashin wasn't as stupid as Bradley.

Cashin was pushed head-long into the goalkeeper and could be seen sitting looking dazed while the melee around Bradley was going on. You surely noticed all that though, since you were watching on RamsTV.

18 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Cashin was pushed head-long into the goalkeeper and could be seen sitting looking dazed while the melee around Bradley was going on. You surely noticed all that though, since you were watching on RamsTV.

No I missed that. Lucky Cashin didn't retaliate then.

2 hours ago, angieram said:

It needs a rule change that I've mentioned many times. When the ref blows the whistle for a corner, play becomes active and not when the kick is taken. 

It would stop all the wrestling very quickly.