Match Thread: vs Northampton Town (a)

It's interesting to see how a lot of people are now suggesting 3 at the back rather than a back 4 that people have been saying is how we should be lining up. I've liked the idea of having a back 3. It allows us more players to attack, but gives us 5 at the back when defending. 

Big game today. No complacency please. We have to be professional and get the job done and not assume it's 3 points in the bank. Northampton will likely raise their game against us. 

COYR! 

Massive game for so many reasons… win and it puts the pressure right on bolton…

lose or draw and its a smallish gap for bolton with a home game in hand against a v v average shrewbury… going to be nerves central today for me 

COYRs 

1 hour ago, MaltRam said:

On the back of 4 straight wins, the 4 point gap and the 4-0 in the reverse fixture, I'm feeling quite relaxed and confident, and forecast a win.

Cue disaster...

Don’t you mean you’re ‘4-casting’ a win..?!

May the fours be with us. 

Who would have thought I could be this excited and nervous about Northampton away? Come on you Rams, lets do this. Let’s make a statement and build even  more confidence for the run in. Let’s make it five in a row, put pressure on Portsmouth and Bolton, and get out of this league.

43 minutes ago, Big Bad Bob said:

It's interesting to see how a lot of people are now suggesting 3 at the back rather than a back 4 that people have been saying is how we should be lining up. I've liked the idea of having a back 3. It allows us more players to attack, but gives us 5 at the back when defending. 

Big game today. No complacency please. We have to be professional and get the job done and not assume it's 3 points in the bank. Northampton will likely raise their game against us. 

COYR! 

It has coincided with players being available where 3 at the back can work, initially with Cashin, Nelson and Nyambe. The arrival of Adams is having a major impact on this because the midfield 2 we were employing are no longer  being over-run. Add in Warne’s shift in how he gets us playing - it has an increasing tendency to look like football, and that is also a major reason.

Long may it continue - - - - and improve!

Edited by DavesaRam

49 minutes ago, Big Bad Bob said:

COYR! 

I think it’s working because he now has fit players on form able to fit the set up. It’s the old round holes thing.

12 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

It has coincided with players being available where 3 at the back can work, initially with Cashin, Nelson and Nyambe. The arrival of Adams is having a major impact on this because the midfield 2 we were employing are no longer  being over-run. Add in Warne’s shift in how he gets us playing - it has an increasing tendency to look like football, and that is also a major reason.

Long may it continue - - - - and improve!

How would we play a four though, yet again we have no proper right back?