Match Thread: vs Northampton Town (a)

3-5-2 is a bit minging. The only positive to the line up is that even with our injuries our bench looks alright. 

Id rather us have gone all guns blazing but hopefully we’ll have enough to win this. 

Think we need a couple back for Friday though. 

3 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

3-5-2 is a bit minging. The only positive to the line up is that even with our injuries our bench looks alright. 

Id rather us have gone all guns blazing but hopefully we’ll have enough to win this. 

Think we need a couple back for Friday though. 

We've got a set-up that's working - to go 'all guns blazing' and it goes wrong, just think of the flack he'd get on here from the negative minority.

Just now, rammieib said:

What was the point in buying CBT if he can’t get in when we only have two other attacking options?

I just can’t get my head around it.

As @sagehas succinctly suggested.. because he's been pretty useless when he's played.

Off the pace and slow to track back.. Warne isn't going to allow luxury players at the best of times, never mind ones who are lazy to boot.

Just now, Chester40 said:

As @sagehas succinctly suggested.. because he's been pretty useless when he's played.

Off the pace and slow to track back.. Warne isn't going to allow luxury players at the best of times, never mind ones who are lazy to boot.

I mean… Hourihane has been useless for weeks. Still starting. Still captain. 

2 minutes ago, rammieib said:

What was the point in buying CBT if he can’t get in when we only have two other attacking options?

I just can’t get my head around it.

My thoughts exactly... even more confusing as we seem to have shifted from 3-4-3 to 3-5-2 instead of just slotting him in instead of Barkhuizen.

Oh well... still a strong line up and fully behind the lads to do a job. Plenty of energy in the middle with Adams and Thompson in there alongside Hourihane.

1 minute ago, Chester40 said:

So it's a failure of our scouts/recruitment 

4 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

We've got a set-up that's working - to go 'all guns blazing' and it goes wrong, just think of the flack he'd get on here from the negative minority.

Haven’t we been playing 343 with Barkhuizen? 

Just think CBT would’ve slotted in nicely to replace him. Instead he’s being held back. 

Good if we’re still level come 70 minutes but a bit safe for my liking.