Match Thread: vs Northampton Town (a)

5 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I said his win ratio was better, that Robins wasn't actually a "young manager" and pointed out that his notable success had come with a club enjoying much larger gate revenues and an uninterrupted 7 year stint in which to continually develop and evolve his team where transfers out were used positively in that process. Warne, by comparison, usually lost some of his best players after promotion, often on Bosmans, and the team was never strengthened for the task ahead.

Put it this way, 10 years into his managerial career, Mark Robins would never have appeared on a list of fans' picks for DCFC manager.

What you've just described about Warnes approach is exactly the same criticism I've seen (and quite probably contributed to) on here.

Ie that he puts a squad together for a purpose and doesn't seem to build anything for the longer term.

42 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

What you've just described about Warnes approach is exactly the same criticism I've seen (and quite probably contributed to) on here.

Ie that he puts a squad together for a purpose and doesn't seem to build anything for the longer term.

😂 It wasn't "Warne's approach", it was Rotherham's reality. As soon as any of their players wins admirers, they're off.

When has he ever said anything that supports your theory?

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

This result hurts more after seeing todays results 😂 we’d be all but over the line after today! 

What?  As in sitting watching Derby County in a relaxed yet celebratory manner, having achieved their aims and ambitions early?

interview-talk.gif