Match Thread: vs Reading (H)

A few have mentioned that Reading got exactly what they deserved, nothing. Never mind the red card and the penalty, without either it’s quite likely we would have scored again anyway, there was a long time left in the game.

Also, when they foul like they do a red card is always a risk. And we had the ball in their penalty area much more, so again a penalty to us was always possible if you give the ref a decision to make. Their keeper “did a Wildsmith” and refs do give those it seems, we’ve had at least two given against us this season.

A fully deserved 3 points and we move on. A point for Reading would have been a steal.

1 minute ago, uttoxram75 said:

Bolton will see it as a must win.

I think it's really important that we do that too. I hate the mentality of going into a game being content with a draw, it's like being beaten before the game has begun. We're good enough to beat them. 

Not interested in any errors the card happy ref made. If we did come out on top in the luck stakes tonight then it’s the ebb and flow of a season. We’ve had our fair share of poor decisions. They didn’t all go our way either. 

Enjoyed that. We ran the show apart from the last 20 when we dropped a bit deep and let them play hoof ball which made for some nervy moments. I was entertained, we upped the tempo for large chunks of the game with a huge uplift in neat fast one touch play. How many chances did we create ? We could have been 3 up at half time. Well done to the whole team. That was a maximum effort performance. Regardless of any decisions we were deserved winners by a considerable degree . Gayle’s movement must be a nightmare for defenders. Lovely run leading up to the peno so well spotted by Adams. (Who by the way will likely be staying given his joyful man hugs with Warne at the end of the game. )

Very happy with result & pretty happy with performance. Tore into them early on & were by far the better side throughout...thought tempo was good & caused them problems both wide & through the middle. Main gripes were a) conceding from their first effort on target & b) continued inability to keep the ball/slow the tempo late on which gave them ascendancy they didnt deserve. Thought Adams was excellent & another strong display from Barkhuizen. He absolutely rinsed their left back with about 15 mins left for a chance that Waggy missed & unusually for TB, stayed on for full 90+ mins. Coming into form at just the right time.

Had to laugh at the plastic away fans for whingeing the ref was biased against them. They got exactly what they deserved for their anti-football & penalty was beyond dispute. And singing 'f*** the EFL'  after the constant soft treatment they've had from that repulsive organisation compared to us is proper spoilt brat behaviour. They are an odious little club who hopefully will disappear to League Two to keep fellow plastics MK Franchise company.

Best atmosphere for a midweek game I can remember for a long time. It does make a difference. Bring on Bolton 💪

Edited by LeedsCityRam

19 minutes ago, Chellaston Ram said:

It’s about time the FA stopped the dark art of goalkeepers faking injury so the manager can give his team a tactical talk. We battered them in the first 10 minutes then their keeper needed treatment for making a save then suddenly all their team headed to the touch line, it was so obvious. We never really got going again for a while. Port Vale did similar thing the last home game.

I only wish they could but how could they do it? They can't assume the keeper is faking it and they can't make them go off for treatment.

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Did you watch the game at PP? We sofa fans had the benefit of replays.

Both yellows for their defender were ridiculous. One for handball when it hit him from two hards away, the second Hourihane dived.

Gayle also handled the ball for the penalty.

Gayle’s opening goal looked offside too.

Steve Coogan Shrug GIF

Fully deserved to win that. Better team by a mile.

Thought we played really well first half and should’ve been up by a couple.

Second half wasn’t great. Ref cemented his position at the top of the cards chart and we were the beneficiaries.

Thought we went to pot with substitution roulette again. 4 subs in one go with a change of shape is what you do when you are losing isn’t it? And we kept the 3 players on yellows on the pitch which meant they couldn’t risk a tackle.

Ultimately it was closer than it should’ve been.

That said, I enjoyed it and agree with other posters that we’ve become easier on the eye in recent games.

Really disappointing to see Robbie Savage having to be told to shut up and sit down by stewards. He should’ve known better than to give it a large celebration in the Derby end when Reading scored and should not have then be surprised he got some chirp afterwards.

Don’t mind the bloke at all but he let himself down a bit imo.

24 minutes ago, Stockport Ram said:

England played Poland off the park (not just at times) in that fateful week in 1973. (Ask your Dad).

You don’t always get what you deserve - maybe we have that in common.

'Their goalkeeper is a clown' 😉

26 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Bolton will see it as a must win.

I'm not so sure. I reckon PW got it right when he said both teams will be trying to win but the most important thing is not to lose. I reckon  Bolton will view it the same.

A fully deserved 3 points, if a bit lucky with some questionable decisions by the officials. I thought that all of the contentious decisions were wrong from my viewpoint in the Lower East.

Having said that, Hourihane and Sibley's yellows were fully justified, but their players got away with many similar fouls. Maybe the sending off was harsh, but a couple of their other players should have easily seen red.

Justice served on a team, who only came to spoil and foul their way to a point.

Good football, played first half, should have been a couple of goals up, second half we get the job done, thought Gayle, Barks, Cashin, Ward and Nelson all had good games, 3 points bagged now onto Bolton can not wait, think our big players will turn up, and get the job done, and the fans have a massive part to play again as well, thought the atmosphere was good again tonight, 4 sleeps an till the big one. COYR.