Derby v Stevenage FC - Match Day Thread

Heisenberg

6 hours ago, 1967Ram said:

Coming up tomorrow from Shaftesbury, North Dorset. We park on London Road and are thinking of having a pre-match meal at The Coronation, Baker St. Is that a good plan? If so, do we have to book a table (4 people)? If not, where? Hoping for a better game, but an identical number of points, as our last home game - Cheltenham. COYR

I doubt you'll have to book a table at the Coro - might be worth phoning to check what food they're doing.

If you intend to go there, why not park there? No residents parking outside, 20-ish mins walk to the stadium along the canal path behind. After the game, easy access onto Harvey road and away.

2 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Under 2,500 home tickets left and Stevenage bringing over 1,000.

Should be a good turn out.

Over a thousand from Stevenage. Crikey the town will be empty. Don’t  tell Burglar Bill 

3 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Under 2,500 home tickets left and Stevenage bringing over 1,000.

Should be a good turn out.

If things aren’t going well  tommorow , can we stay with the team ? Not for first 15 minutes till the beer wears off , and not on the concourse after 30 minutes . But for 90 + minutes. COYR 

22 hours ago, WestKentRam said:

As much as I don't like Steve Evans I admire the way he goes about his job and what he has done at Stevenage.

I would like to formally retract this statement.

Until reading this thread and then looking it up further, I didn't realise Evans had a conviction for fraud in 2006 related to his getting Boston United promoted to the Football League and hiding payments from tax for five years to enable them to spend more on players. Not only that, he was incredibly smug over his rivals when gaining promotion, knowing all along he did it by cheating. 

A journalist in an article in the Independent in 2012 was of the view 'Having interviewed Evans before his misdeeds at Boston were exposed, it is remarkable how little he seems to have changed.'

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/fa-league-cups/steve-evans-i-apologised-now-i-m-just-judged-on-my-results-6295854.html

Am looking forward to tomorrow even less so now, especially as Evans has put pre match pressure on the ref yet again in a game involving us, even though he says he doesn't know who is officiating the game, with the coincidence being he had a post match rant about the same ref two month's ago in the press. The sight of him fist pumping the away end if they win will be too much.

28 minutes ago, WestKentRam said:

The sight of him fist pumping the away end if they win will be too much.

Steve Evans pumping his fist? In front of 30,000 fans? Filthy beggar!

Can't the fat ***k find a less noncey way to celebrate?

@hintonsboots can we get a, 'ooh, matron' please, to express our collective disdain? Ta.

Just now, Comrade 86 said:

Steve Evans pumping his fist? In front of 30,000 fans? Filthy beggar!

Can't the fat ***k find a less noncey way to celebrate?

@hintonsboots can we get a, 'ooh, matron' please, to express our collective disdain? Ta.

I have delegated that to @Van der MoodHoover, he is the king of the Kenneth Williams Gif back catalogue.

Another tough match ahead, though I'm oddly confident. I think we know what we'll face this time around (yes, we probably should have known first time too!) and I think a midfield, replete with thug obliterator Ebou Adams, should enable us to do the business and do it well. Evans will look to mitigate Bird and Nate and will be content that his CBs will cope with Collo, should he be deemed fit to play. That means his tactics will revolve around getting his players to kick Max Bird a lot, with Nate getting kicked even more, often by multiple players at once.

With Ebou therefore having at least 6 or 7 deserving targets, I'd imagine the urge to throat punch a couple of them will be hard to resist and I'd certainly consider betting Ebou to collect his 4th card in 4 outings. That said, I reckon the ref hates Stevenage even more than I do, so we'll probably also get awarded 4 or 5 penalties to balance things out, with Sonny Bradley notching the last of them with a cheeky Panenka, thereby securing himself a hattrick, the MOTM award, gushing praise from the Rams faithful and a subsequent move to Real Madrid.

So, there you have it. A day that culminates in a comfortable 3 or 4-1 win for the lads and the SS singing songs about Sonny Bradley's c**k. Marvellous! 

COYR

Edgy about this one. Collo with a dodgy knee and no named back up. Barks maybe ? Physical opponents, tension in the crowd and two managers who know each other playing mind reading. We can win but need to use our skills to the full in order to do it. Will passes be crisp with us on the front foot ? Or will it be one of those flat days where we are 5% off it and the ball doesn’t bounce for us ? 

When Mac 1 was in full flight we had the odd poor game because opponents figured us out, with this team it’s like we go off the boil regardless - and unpredictably - despite what the other side does.

Que sara sara COYR.

Edited by jono

The supporters will be full of gloom and doom when they don't see Collins warming up before the game, then suddenly, a few seconds before kick off,  from out of the seats in the front row of the Toyota stand a figure emerges and takes his coat off, Super Collo is here to save us.😄😄  

Its Derby, there has to be Drama .

1 minute ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

The supporters will be full of gloom and doom when they don't see Collins warming up before the game, then suddenly, a few seconds before kick off,  from out of the seats in the front row of the Toyota stand a figure emerges and takes his coat off, Super Collo is here to save us.😄😄  

Its Derby, there has to be Drama .

Apart from the line up is announced at 2 o’clock 🤷🏻‍♂️