Derby v Stevenage FC - Match Day Thread

Heisenberg

12 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

in reality knowing the refs we get, not just this season, he didn’t need to say out. Every Stevenage player has been sent a free 90 pass for committing GBH with no recompense courtesy of the EFL.

That’s a new one even for you DR, blaming the ref before the game 😉

I'm frustrated we have had such appalling decisions against us all this season and last, yet we never try to put pressure on refs this way. It is part of the modern game and it's potentially a way of sowing doubt in the referee's mind and getting that extra 1% that might make the difference between promotion and not. Instead, when Warne does comment on decisions, it's "Sibley made a shocking challenge and it should have been a penalty". Meaning a ref can feel more able to give a decision against us because our own manager has claimed we've got lucky before.

6 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I'm frustrated we have had such appalling decisions against us all this season and last, yet we never try to put pressure on refs this way. It is part of the modern game and it's potentially a way of sowing doubt in the referee's mind and getting that extra 1% that might make the difference between promotion and not. Instead, when Warne does comment on decisions, it's "Sibley made a shocking challenge and it should have been a penalty". Meaning a ref can feel more able to give a decision against us because our own manager has claimed we've got lucky before.

Its a good point you're making but that's the difference between honesty and deceit isn't it? You could lie/deceive to try get that extra 1% chance you mentioned or you can be honest, have morals and stick to your principles. Warne has chosen the latter and that's commendable, fatty has chosen the former and that's why he's a dislikable p****.

31 minutes ago, Crewton said:

"Evans..... has been dismayed by some of the decisions that have gone against Stevenage in games against Port Vale, Reading and Bristol Rovers."

What happened? Did the fat convict forget the brown envelopes for those games?

Can we have some songs sang to Evans,something along the line of"have you remembered to pay your tax Evans"

9 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

There’s a fine line between putting pressure on referees an naffing them off, so you get nothing. We need to be a bit smarter in getting free kicks ( e.g. Collins & Wilson go down very easily and probably getting a reputation like Chris Martin did) and in wasting time (Wildsmith, throw ins etc). Don’t need events to bite us late in the game.

52 minutes ago, On the Ram Page said:

There’s a fine line between putting pressure on referees an naffing them off, so you get nothing. We need to be a bit smarter in getting free kicks ( e.g. Collins & Wilson go down very easily and probably getting a reputation like Chris Martin did) and in wasting time (Wildsmith, throw ins etc). Don’t need events to bite us late in the game.

Although they never seem to bite other teams, do they?

Coming up tomorrow from Shaftesbury, North Dorset. We park on London Road and are thinking of having a pre-match meal at The Coronation, Baker St. Is that a good plan? If so, do we have to book a table (4 people)? If not, where? Hoping for a better game, but an identical number of points, as our last home game - Cheltenham. COYR

43 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

Coming up tomorrow from Shaftesbury, North Dorset. We park on London Road and are thinking of having a pre-match meal at The Coronation, Baker St. Is that a good plan? If so, do we have to book a table (4 people)? If not, where? Hoping for a better game, but an identical number of points, as our last home game - Cheltenham. COYR

Sorry, I meant last home game we went to.

50 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

Be careful where you park on London Road - a lot of 'residents parking' has been introduced in the area (as imknow to my cost).

1 hour ago, Wolfie20 said:

Be careful where you park on London Road - a lot of 'residents parking' has been introduced in the area (as imknow to my cost).

Thanks, yes we noticed that before Xmas - luckily. We park quite a way down, near the bike shop.

Stupidly think we will win 2/3-0 tomorrow. NML Bird and Adams on fire all players look too good for the level and think if we match Stevenages fight and desire, which has upped recently. We should win.

No wonder NML is on fire just seen if he plays 6 more games for us we will be the club he’s represented the most in his career and needs just 4 goals to beat his record of 20 with Rochdale. 

Getting a player settled in can really see them flourish. 

18 hours ago, Ram-Alf said:

And the mind games have begun...Ladies and Gentlemen I give you...Steve Evens

And the former Leeds United boss, who has already begun the mind games ahead of the trip to face the Rams, feels Derby fans have the ability to influence decisions.

"When we go to Derby, we just need a fair crack," he said. "We don't need big things to go against us because there are 27,000 or 28,000 Derby fans who get them a decision.

"They are going to try. I've been there with teams and they are a brilliant, vocal, home support. I don't know who the referee is, I've not looked, but he has to be strong."

Of course you don't Steve...it's...Thomas Kirk...as you full well know 🙄

gabourey sidibe GIF Calm down and shut up Evans

If we do find ourselves without a recognised striker then it'll be interesting to see what Warne does about it. Chucking Bradley up front (say) is going to require a very different strategy to making an attacking midfielder/wide man into a temporary striker. The latter is surely only going to work with some snappy flowing football. Not much point banging crosses in with Barkhuizen up front unless it is very much part of a swift counter-attacking move with a defence stretched.

Why is everyone suggesting we play SB as striker if Collo can’t play? I know he is tall but he isnt the quickest and not seen much attacking flair when he’s up for corners. That said Wanchope wasn’t the quickest from memory and was so unpredictable. Go on then, Sonny to lead the line

I’m in Tamworth today for the magnificent ales….. and read this……doubt I’ll make tomorrow despite an honourable offer of a ticket. Bladdered later so it’s too risky for a part timer like me (these days) BEA7D443-D6D8-4CDB-B466-C75437788E79.thumb.jpeg.d92da5b2c2138fa2a62427e3068bfeec.jpeg

We need to sign some Danes