Derby v Stevenage FC - Match Day Thread

Heisenberg

3 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Ah, you mean that team that bullied us mercilessly in the reverse fixture? I know, why on earth would the manager feel we need to field our sturdiest defenders? 

It's a mystery........

You, and Warne, may be absolutely right Crewton. 3 points is the target and I hope we get them, but this is another game that doesn’t bode well for any decent football. As well as packing our back line with sturd, we again seem very happy to concede midfield before a ball is kicked.  Enjoy the game. I will save my money for tomorrows highlights package.

3 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Because Warne seems to think the deep end is too risky for our youngsters. 

It's probably the thing I least like about him. If you never test them you never know. Cashin got thrown in at the deep end and look at him now, you can't protect them forever.

If we were mid table with little to play for I'd agree but with what's at stake it's too big a risk.

4 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

You, and Warne, may be absolutely right Crewton. 3 points is the target and I hope we get them, but this is another game that doesn’t bode well for any decent football. As well as packing our back line with sturd, we again seem very happy to concede midfield before a ball is kicked.  Enjoy the game. I will save my money for tomorrows highlights package.

It's also looks like a 'fight fire with fire' approach which isn't necessarily the best way to go. But we will see. 

12 minutes ago, sage said:

Opinion close down alert !

Opinion close down alert!

Seems a little condescending and puerile... 🤪

He's obviously decided a powerful team is needed.  Three at center back, Adams... no Hourihane.  

Bit of pace and tricky out wide. Bird as play maker.

Can see the logic. 

Can also see us not retaining the ball very much...

What's your thoughts?

4 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

They simply won't be given that opportunity.

This is how I feel sadly , Warne seems so reluctant to use them , I understand being nervous in close games but there's been about 400 times this year we've been several goals ahead and not brought youngsters on ffs , not only does it give experience to players we may need when we have a small squad but also gives the core 11 much needed rest in a season with over 50 games 

3 minutes ago, Kinder said:

We’re on holiday so I’ll be watching on Rams TV. We should be very solid today so I’m predicting a clean sheet and a 1-0 win with a bit of NML magic. COYR

Hm. Each time recently that we've brought on extra defenders to stay solid and see our a win, we've cocked up.

This will be interesting....

2 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Nice positive line up. 

Good to see we have plenty of attacking options on the bench as well in case we need them…

The best form of attack is defense when every senior striker at the club is injured I guess.

I actually sympathise with Warne today, but he could at least have a younger player on the bench just in case we need something a bit different.

The side is what it is, I hope we win and keep up momentum at the top of the league. It’ll be interesting to see how the match unfolds and if the concerns being expressed are warranted or not.

Agree that we could have had Weston or another youth on the bench. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram