Derby v Stevenage FC - Match Day Thread

Heisenberg

The game play was dull up to the hour mark, they took the dark arts to a new level on and off the ball, thankfully Adams fought /blocked/cheated and generally was a thorn in their side also, then Smith came on,which seemed to signal far more attacking intent, culminating in a fine save by their keeper from Bird 

Once the crowd joined in as well, we proper got our tails up and that sublime pass from Smith set NML on his way, and Sibley scored a peach of a goal.

MOTM was definitely Adams, though all the back four should get a shout out too.

41 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

Getting it wrong for 70 minutes but recognising that and changing it deserves some credit, but not getting it wrong in the first place would deserve far more. Warne learns but he learns slowly.

They key difference was having an actual RWB at RWB, before we changed there wasn't anyone aside from the 3CBs who looked comfortable in their role.

Bradley was excellent today against a team who never ran at him, and with a proper midfield infront of him.

That said I'd have been happy with a point today given the circumstances so I'm delighted we won 

Perhaps we just went for the old rope a dope trick ,,,, worked a treat 😀😀😀😀

2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I've just listened to the Adams interview, his personality is infectious and he's a proper warrior in midfield.

If Cardiff have floated a figure over a permanent move just pay it. Don't muck about arguing over a few quid. Just pay 'em.

Worrying to hear that he too is carrying an injury…😳

34 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

He had to play two wingers as forwards and hope we grabbed something. 
He went safe to start with and made changes which led to a goal.

I’ve criticised him in the past but today he and the team carved out a very important result.

He was forced to was he ?

I suppose he was forced to play 8 defensive minded outfielders too ?

2 shots on goal all game, playing stevenage, at pride park, in the 3rd division. And your crediting warne ?

46 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

Mendez-Laing is the best player in the league. I've not seen any opposition player give their team what he gives ours. He's carried us all season similar to what Didzy did last season, if not more. Even if he's having a bad game, out of position and playing in terrible tactics, he still wins it for us.  

I would put Bird in the same bracket. Both are a level above this league