Paul Warne

Day

10 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Do you actually have anything meaningful to back your last paragraph up.

You do realise that 75% of the teams are the same as last season?

So really you need to compare who went up and down last season, unless you have evidence that teams that were in the division last season have got worse?

Personally, I'd say some have got better and some worse, so the league is pretty much the same standard as last season.

the point i was trying to make is that the promotion race is easier than last year

Ipswich, Sheff Wed and Plymouth were both great last season, barely dropping any points. Ipswich are one point off top of the championship

Reading have come down with a points deduction, and have been forced to sell players and can't afford to buy. Blackpool have really struggled this season. Wigan have also struggled at times and had to sell players. They also have had a points deduction this season. 

Barnsley, Bolton, Peterborough are all kind of where they were last season. Which really just leaves Portsmouth who have improved in comparison to last season

So overall, it is clearly easier to get near top of the league this season

27 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Hopefully that prediction turns out as wrong as your fears for this season.

My fears for this season were that the League 'promotion expert' would mess up again. He's had a couple of wobbles in the past few games when we should have made autos more than possible, but oops... #COYR

1 minute ago, Chris_Martin said:

the point i was trying to make is that the promotion race is easier than last year

Ipswich, Sheff Wed and Plymouth were both great last season, barely dropping any points. Ipswich are one point off top of the championship

Reading have come down with a points deduction, and have been forced to sell players and can't afford to buy. Blackpool have really struggled this season. Wigan have also struggled at times and had to sell players. They also have had a points deduction this season. 

Barnsley, Bolton, Peterborough are all kind of where they were last season. Which really just leaves Portsmouth who have improved in comparison to last season

Good god you're really struggling with your negatively this week is that all you can come up with try enjoying how well it's going at the moment you might like it.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

My fears for this season were that the League 'promotion expert' would mess up again. He's had a couple of wobbles in the past few games when we should have made autos more than possible, but oops... #COYR

Killing you isn't it I feel so sad how can a derby fan seem to want us to fail just so he looks good on a forum. 

On 13/03/2024 at 15:11, BOB BIGGS said:

I think having Gayle has made a huge difference.

That’s hugely disrespectful to @ the running man whose post about sacking the manager has undoubtedly galvanised Warne into a brilliant tactician and led us to glory against Lincoln, Bristol and Bolton. You’ll be saying next that Adams had made a difference. Lay off it 

6 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

Good god you're really struggling with your negatively this week is that all you can come up with try enjoying how well it's going at the moment you might like it.

you had a chance to try and disprove me there, but instead all you can say is 'enjoy it more'. I guess my point stands then😅

10 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

Killing you isn't it I feel so sad how can a derby fan seem to want us to fail just so he looks good on a forum. 

Lol. When - please do quote me (you can't by the way) - I've said that. You are the unhappy fan, I'll be very happy if the league 1 expert gets us promoted. 😄

Just now, Caerphilly Ram said:

To be this strongly wedded to an opinion on the manager it appears you can’t even enjoy the good results and prospect of promotion seems a real shame. 

Wrong. I will enjoy promotion if we get it. 😄

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

This is his level. We'll go nowhere in the Championship, should we get there, with Warne and his chums. 👍

Really, we ought to sympathise with you - you have suffered so much this season.

33 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

Derby continue to operate under stringent league restrictions.

Is that fact completely lost on you?

I think I could leave the forum for weeks, get married, go on my honeymoon, see Derby further strengthen their grip on second with two or three wins, and still come back to the same two or three posters trying to downplay the job Warne is doing.

Even after a hard-fought win against a direct rival where Warne clearly had the tactical edge, they are still picking faults.

How tiresome.