Paul Warne

Day

13 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

My fears for this season were that the League 'promotion expert' would mess up again. He's had a couple of wobbles in the past few games when we should have made autos more than possible, but oops... #COYR

It's almost like you are willing failure.  Sadly, you are not alone in that, on here.

I sincerely hope you only have this outlook with regards to DCFC, and not in your life in general.

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Who said it didn't? That's right YOU did.

Why do you feel the need to be a keyboard warrier just because I don't rate Paul Warne? 

Go bother someone else, cos I'm too busy for your crap.

Only one getting all uppity and aggressive is you ,, that’s keyboard warrior stuff 😂😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

It appears that quite a few posters are asking a couple of people who only come on to rubbish derby and try to bring others down to go bother someone else 🤷🏻‍♂️

I've described this team as effective if not particularly lovable before and I think I largely stand by that, but the team spirit is really good and obviously, winning makes it a lot easier to like PWs Warnisms when they crop up.

If (and it's still if) we go up, I don't buy the negativity - we're likely to be a season or two away from building a competitive championship side, PW I think works better as underdog than front runner and it might not be a return to the Mac1 days but I think he'd get enough of a job done for us to be safely in the lower mid table.

I know his Rotherham teams went down but I'd expect him to have more backing at Derby than he did at Rotherham to get championship capable players in.

I'm not here to challenge anyones opinions, they are what they are, let them be.

Personally I'm delighted with the job that Warne is doing, I think Dwight Gayles recent interview and the scenes at full time in front of a sell out crowd on Saturday show the togetherness of this team is a credit to the management team. 

His style may seem a little unorthodox to some and it won't suit every player, yet it's working with what was assembled whilst scraping barrels under EFL's restrictions makes it even more of an achievement.

When you look at the likes of Sunderland, Leeds, Forest who came down here, to think we can be in and out in 2 seasons is truly remarkable given the state of the club.

Important to point out, the season isn't done, we still have 7 huge games to play before we can start to think about the Championship, although no matter what happens between now and May, I have seen significant improvement to be fully behind Warne next season regardless of what division we are in.

15 hours ago, Jourdan said:

What’s so funny?

Two of Warne’s substitutes combined to win us the game.

Warne got his tactics and his in-game changes spot on.

After all, he went home with the three points, meanwhile Evatt went home with a service station meal deal.

If warne got his tactics spot on, then why did he have to change it so drastically at half time?

1 hour ago, Chris_Martin said:

If warne got his tactics spot on, then why did he have to change it so drastically at half time?

To deal with injuries to three players and to deal with Hourihane’s lack of mobility against a three man midfield, one of the best and most in-form in the division.

We know that tactics are not just about the set up and the XI from kick off. It’s how you adjust and respond to what happens in the game.

Something that Warne has been criticised for not doing often enough before.

If it was only 0-0 but Bolton had played the better game, why didn’t Evatt bring on fresh legs to make Bolton’s advantage count?

2 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

The tactics didn't actually change much. It was still 3-4-3, but with 3 injured players and an out-of-sorts Hourihane replaced.  The main tactical change was he used Thommo's energy to press higher up.

1 hour ago, Chris_Martin said:

Hourihane was not injured, he came off at HT

His legs have gone, so its a gamble nowadays whether what he can still bring to the team outweighs his lack of mobility, particularly when he is in a two-man midfield. It was clear that he wasn't offering enough on Saturday. My only complaint is why Thommo doesn't feature more, as he helped turn the match around on Saturday, and should be starting ahead of Hourihane.

3 hours ago, Jourdan said:

To deal with injuries to three players and to deal with Hourihane’s lack of mobility against a three man midfield, one of the best and most in-form in the division.

We know that tactics are not just about the set up and the XI from kick off. It’s how you adjust and respond to what happens in the game.

Something that Warne has been criticised for not doing often enough before.

If it was only 0-0 but Bolton had played the better game, why didn’t Evatt bring on fresh legs to make Bolton’s advantage count?

He knew that already then why set up that way to start with?

At 0-0 Bolton had played the better game. They should have been ahead but for some great saves from Joe. Why would Evatt change something that was clearly working?

4 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

He knew that already then why set up that way to start with?

At 0-0 Bolton had played the better game. They should have been ahead but for some great saves from Joe. Why would Evatt change something that was clearly working?

It was 0-0 and they only had 3 shots on target all game. It clearly wasn't working that well 😂