Paul Warne

Day

9 hours ago, Rev said:

I don't think he's changed his style, so much as circumstances have made it necessary. 

Injuries, and heavy pitches this time of year have led to a more cautious approach. 

Bradley summed up the approach in his post match interview, knock it around the back, invite the press, play it to the wingback and hit the channels is the prescription, and the players pretty much followed that to the letter today.

We played alot better football, we passed it well the 20 mins we struggled with was when he didnt control the ball and tried the long ball we needed some to try and bring the ball down the rest of the game 75% was along the floor! Ward has to play he delivery is class

1 hour ago, tomsdubs said:

I think Gayle upfront has dictated we play more football to be honest, Warne said he got all the attacking players together to go through scenarios in the week. You could see Gayle shouting at wide men all the time, he lost it when Mendez-Laing tried to round the keeper rather than slide it across for an easy tap in.

I think we have to realise that we’re getting 2024 Gayle, who has lost his pace but can find the net. He’s not going to outpace defenders any more, but if we get the ball into the box often enough he will score. He’s also good at laying the ball off.

Just need NML to get his mojo back (he hasn’t looked happy since his injury)

4 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I think we have to realise that we’re getting 2024 Gayle, who has lost his pace but can find the net. He’s not going to outpace defenders any more, but if we get the ball into the box often enough he will score. He’s also good at laying the ball off.

Just need NML to get his mojo back (he hasn’t looked happy since his injury)

His positioning and movement is still class, first goal he was right there but got played behind him. We whip balls across the face he'll score for fun.

3 hours ago, CBRammette said:

At the risk of moving this thread up - comments on this very familiar sounding.  

I watched bits of the game, thought the Wendies looked on top surprisingly. A SW fan says:

Edited by RoyMac5

On 02/03/2024 at 17:47, The_Sheriff said:

Warne haters...

Maggie Gyllenhaal Ifc GIF by Film Independent Spirit Awards

Where’s all the “it doesn’t matter if we’ve played 2 extra games, we’re second in the league” lot gone? Barnsley win their’s and we’re 4th.

Well done to Warne though for beating perhaps the worst team we’ve ever played in a league match though. 

1 hour ago, DCFC Kicks said:

Where’s all the “it doesn’t matter if we’ve played 2 extra games, we’re second in the league” lot gone? Barnsley win their’s and we’re 4th.

Well done to Warne though for beating perhaps the worst team we’ve ever played in a league match though. 

Ed Begley Jr Comedy GIF by CBS    I don’t remember anyone saying it doesn’t matter. We were second, we are third, we could be fourth, we could be back to second 🤷🏻‍♂️

2 hours ago, DCFC Kicks said:

What an embarrassing post 

Just looking at how badly Rotherham are getting on, does anyone think that if we do stay down that it would be inconceivable that Warne head backs there? Clearly well liked by their owner and I just don't think his relationship survives anything other than promotion here. 

I could see it happening - may get us out of pay-off too!  

Edited by Ambitious

5 hours ago, DCFC Kicks said:

"If" Barnsley win "theirs", not "their's".

Go away and learn about the correct use of possessive pronouns. 🤓

10 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Just looking at how badly Rotherham are getting on, does anyone think that if we do stay down that it would be inconceivable that Warne head backs there? Clearly well liked by their owner and I just don't think his relationship survives anything other than promotion here. 

I could see it happening - may get us out of pay-off too!  

Zero chance any time soon. The only way I see it happening is if we have a disastrous start to the season and PW is “let go” late October onwards by which time Rotherham will have a new manager anyway.

I don’t think the relationship is quite as fragile as you suggest. Certainly not between DC and PW. IMO, even the majority of fans, whilst disappointed, won’t be rioting on the streets if we miss out this season given we’re pretty much guaranteed of reaching the play offs and therefore coming close. Of course, the existing anti Warne commentary on social media will ramp up a few levels but not enough to force him out.

I personally don’t think DC will take action based on social media reactions and comments (given you can’t assume they represent the majority. Even negative posts by a couple of dozen individuals may look like a lot but is only a couple of dozen out of tens of thousand). I think the only remote chance of him acting on the fans mood is if there was widespread and regular seriously negative reactions at matches (that’s not a call to arms by the way 😀) or a significant drop off in attendances.

Whilst there will no doubt be an expected decline in ST sales (as there probably would be for any club) I don’t think it will be massive.

Will the fans protest against the manager if we miss out on autos? No, because we’ll all be anticipating the play offs.

Will the fans protest if we fall short in the play offs? I don’t think so. There will be disappointment of course and possible anger/frustration if we go out with a whimper but that will be viewed as a natural reaction to the performance on the day.

14 hours ago, DCFC Kicks said:

Screaming The Help GIF

Is it too much to ask the anti-Warne brigade to pull their necks in for the last stage of the season, so we are all pulling together in a positive manner? This may help the team greatly, not having to read the negative stuff ( I’m sure they will read this forum).

there will be plenty of time after our fate has been sealed to get the knives or streamers out, whichever side you support.

lets all give a positive final push to get out of this Division.

2 minutes ago, On the Ram Page said:

Is it too much to ask the anti-Warne brigade to pull their necks in for the last stage of the season, so we are all pulling together in a positive manner? This may help the team greatly, not having to read the negative stuff ( I’m sure they will read this forum).

there will be plenty of time after our fate has been sealed to get the knives or streamers out, whichever side you support.

lets all give a positive final push to get out of this Division.

I'd honestly sort of hoped this had already happened. We're in a really solid position for the run-in and it's been nice to see that the last couple of months the home atmosphere and support seems way better. I think this is because the majority of those on the fence have decided to just get behind the team and see where we end up, which is spot on. 

I think it's mainly just a small bunch of pessimistic posters online creating a bit of an echo chamber now. They post and catastrophise when we lose and often don't comment much until that's the case again. It's a strange mentality and one I don't quite understand, but I actually think it's more of a gaggle than a brigade at the moment. But it's nice to report that from what I've seen recently, most are backing the lads and hoping for the best 🤞

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Zero chance any time soon. The only way I see it happening is if we have a disastrous start to the season and PW is “let go” late October onwards by which time Rotherham will have a new manager anyway.

I don’t think the relationship is quite as fragile as you suggest. Certainly not between DC and PW. IMO, even the majority of fans, whilst disappointed, won’t be rioting on the streets if we miss out this season given we’re pretty much guaranteed of reaching the play offs and therefore coming close. Of course, the existing anti Warne commentary on social media will ramp up a few levels but not enough to force him out.

I personally don’t think DC will take action based on social media reactions and comments (given you can’t assume they represent the majority. Even negative posts by a couple of dozen individuals may look like a lot but is only a couple of dozen out of tens of thousand). I think the only remote chance of him acting on the fans mood is if there was widespread and regular seriously negative reactions at matches (that’s not a call to arms by the way 😀) or a significant drop off in attendances.

Whilst there will no doubt be an expected decline in ST sales (as there probably would be for any club) I don’t think it will be massive.

Will the fans protest against the manager if we miss out on autos? No, because we’ll all be anticipating the play offs.

Will the fans protest if we fall short in the play offs? I don’t think so. There will be disappointment of course and possible anger/frustration if we go out with a whimper but that will be viewed as a natural reaction to the performance on the day.

I have no doubts that Clowes and Warne are aligned and enjoy a good working relationship, but based on how frustrated the fans are with Warne on the whole that I do wonder whether there would be a significant commercial drop-off from fans IF we are to go into League One next year with Warne as manager. As soon as it's confirmed we aren't going up, I already know the reaction on here is going to be heavy on the Warne out content. 

The thought of going into another League One season with Warne in the dugout does very little for me, especially ahead of such a significant rebuild. I would suggest it's just common sense to get someone in with a fresh mindset, personally. This season, despite the relative success, hasn't been enjoyable for a lot of people. The atmosphere around the club just isn't great.