Dwight Gayle - Signed until the end of the season

Topram

2 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Worth noting as well Gayle was far better than Rhodes ever was, even at his prime. Age has always been a concern with these type of signings for me, but given this is the definition of a short-term signing, I think Gayle is about the best that's on offer- probably why it's maybe unrealistic to expect him to end up here? 

He’ll go to Scotland 

8 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

Are we actually in for him? 

“Gayle is a free agent after having his contract at Stoke City terminated by mutual consent on transfer deadline day last week. The Rams are said to have already made a move for the 34-year-old.” 

Derby telegraph said that today. 

1 minute ago, Eoghan1884 said:

“Gayle is a free agent after having his contract at Stoke City terminated by mutual consent on transfer deadline day last week. The Rams are said to have already made a move for the 34-year-old.” 

Derby telegraph said that today. 

The wording makes it one of those articles which just reporting on rumour. They aren’t confirming anything. 

4 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Worth noting as well Gayle was far better than Rhodes ever was, even at his prime. Age has always been a concern with these type of signings for me, but given this is the definition of a short-term signing, I think Gayle is about the best that's on offer- probably why it's maybe unrealistic to expect him to end up here? 

Hard to say Rhodes definitely had a better prime as Gayle has 139 more premier league appearances. Being a one in 5.5 games man in the premier league aswell.

1 hour ago, Eoghan1884 said:

“Gayle is a free agent after having his contract at Stoke City terminated by mutual consent on transfer deadline day last week. I've read on X (formerly known as Twiiter) that the The Rams have already made a move for the 34-year-old.”

fify, wish these "journalists" were a bit more honest.

55 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

You are getting confused, it was Mike Leigh. Well worth a look if you haven’t seen it 👍

I watched it first time round. Michael Palin. But I think we have crossed wires 🤣

IMG_1639.jpegWhen I think about it, it’s a bit like us and Clough or Smith or Mac1 🤣

Edited by jono

3 minutes ago, jono said:

I watched it first time round. Eric Idle. But I think we have crossed wires 🤣

IMG_1639.jpeg

See above, me and Hints are not talking about Ripping Yarns…..the guy in the photo played Keith in Mike Leigh’s Nuts in May (although the photo is not from Nuts in May)…..

4 minutes ago, jono said:

I watched it first time round. Michael Palin. But I think we have crossed wires 🤣

IMG_1639.jpegWhen I think about it, it’s a bit like us and Clough or Smith or Mac1 🤣

Apologies @jono for the confusion. You are correct re Michael Palin and Ripping yarns, but I noticed the actor in the photo was also in nuts in May. Try to get a copy it’s excellent, filmed around Corfe Castle with Alison Steadman .

Dwight Gayle checks each teams transfer thread, to see where he'd be most welcome.

Sees the Derby forum is like visiting Grandad in the care home, a load of confused oldies chuntering about half remembered TV plays of the 70's, and is overcome by the smell of boiled cabbage and piss.

Decides Aberdeen, the baltic temperatures and the sudocream man are no deterrent, and signs for the Dons.

2 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Apologies @jono for the confusion. You are correct re Michael Palin and Ripping yarns, but I noticed the actor in the photo was also in nuts in May. Try to get a copy it’s excellent, filmed around Corfe Castle with Alison Steadman .

Abigail’s Party was great too, saw it when it came out on tv plus the theatre production 😊

16 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Abigail’s Party was great too, saw it when it came out on tv plus the theatre production 😊

Yes was excellent as was grown ups. We better put a sock in it or @Rev will have us in a nursing home. Youngster’s nowadays.