Dwight Gayle - Signed until the end of the season

Topram

39 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I’ve been told the EFL are trying to block this deal 

Dont see how they can when they had already approved enough for a striker on deadline day. Only way it wouldnt be accepted is if its out of our original budget. 

Im sure Warne mentioned about working with the EFL to agree it

23 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

The CEO said we had wages/funding for a striker on deadline day so it’s hard to see how it would not be outside of budget.

Grounds to block it would need to be something else. (Wrong pen colour used on the form?)

Too big a name, is what I’ve been told.

Genuinely 😂

There’s definitely no agenda though 

13 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

You've been told the EFL are blocking it?

Not really 'news' is it mate...

Warne says we are 'working with the EFL'... which means we are having to run things by them, explain, beg..  depends on your perspective.

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Trying to, not that they will succeed. With that reason, I’m hoping they don’t!

Can't say I'm wildly surprised, though if that's their reasoning I think old Rick might be receiving a few more choicely worded emails.

5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

To be honest I’m not sure how much I believe it, but this is the EFL, so anything is possible…

Pearce said fences have been fixed since MM bailed and DC took over, This would be one hell of a fcuking slam dunk for more disdain from us DCFC fans if Dwight Gayle's name is to big for Derby County

12 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

To be honest I’m not sure how much I believe it, but this is the EFL, so anything is possible…

Paperwork only submitted yesterday evening so that gives me pause for thought, but in true Rams fan tradition we just have to keep our fingers crossed, I guess. If the EFL expect us to play a third of a season with only one, or no fit strikers then I guess that tells its own story.

Lets hope we can get this over the line...If it is blocked by the EFL it would not surprise me and would say a lot !

I think Gayle will be a hit here and will score vital goals 

1 hour ago, RamLad1884 said:

Reportedly on 35k a week at Stoke. Presumably his wage (even if reduced) is still going to make him the top earner at the club hence it running by the EFL 

Whatever he was on at Stoke is now irrelevant. He's 34, probably has little or no chance of ever playing again at a higher level than League One and unless he's thick, must realise big paydays are now behind him. If he wants to continue playing at a decent level, he has to tailor his demands to the financial ability of those clubs who show an interest to pay him.

From what I've seen of him he's not a hold-up striker, more a goal poacher- maybe not ideally suited to our style of play but we are so short in the striking department that he'll at least give us an alternative option.

So sad for Collins.

40 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

If he's willing to play for say 7k a week, I assume we could sign Messi if he didn't have a club. Seems irrelevant.

Unless they’re worried about other member clubs throwing their collective toys out the pram again? 
Got my tin foil conspiracy hat back on 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

5 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'm confused. I thought we were free to operate without restrictions?

Also, if we can't sign Gayle how ok earth would we have been able to sign Michael Smith?

Not until the end of this season. Every single transaction has to operate within the agreed 'business plan', apparently.